"Medieval Charm near the Costa Brava" Top 5 Page for this destination Besalú by surferob
Besalú Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 102 photos
An hour or so from Barcelona by car and not far from the French border lies the remarkably quaint village of Besalu. I was lucky enough to have a semi-local (my French friend who lives in Barcelona) take me there on a day trip from the city, otherwise I'd probably never have found it.
The town is tiny and quiet, or at least it was in wintertime. I would imagine it gets a fair bit of tourist traffic in the high season. This timing worked to our advantage, as we had the town seemingly all to ourselves on our weekday visit. Just a beautiful little place. And old, very old.
- Pros:Glimpse of village life in Spain
- Cons:None that I know of
- In a nutshell:Perfect for a day-trip visit
In that last pic I held the camera up against a wall, pointed skyward. Here's a simpler take on these chairs, curiously... more travel advice
Coming from the U.S. it's easy to be taken aback by the compact nature of old towns in Europe. Reason is obvious I guess... more travel advice
surferob's Related Pages
Besalú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Besalú, Ciutat Comtal"
- "Small town with nice architecture"
- "Medieval Charm near the Costa Brava"
- "Stunningly Medieval Besalu"
- "Besalu - UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Besalú
- Hotels in Besalú
- Transportation in Besalú
- Restaurants in Besalú
- Warnings and Dangers in Besalú
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Besalú
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Besalú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Besalú
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Besalú Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Girona Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Encinitas Intro, 1 photo