"one week in Chateauroux" Châteauroux by josephescu
Châteauroux Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 9 photos
mixing business with pleasure, this is my speciality. This time, since there is not much to fdo or see in Chateauroux itself (except Chateau Raoul), pleasure meant exploring the suroundings:
Valencay Castle - i had to see at least one chateau, since was in Pays de la Loire, otherwise i could not have forget myself :-)))
House of George Sand - was fascinated by Goerge Sand in highschool, this this was on the top of the list
Argentomagus - make a link to Asterix & Obelix
The name appears to be an association of the words argentum (silver) and the Gaulish term magus (filed, market). Notwithstanding this, i will still associate it with Asterix and Obelix, since
former site of a Gallo-Roman town, Argentomagus boasts prehistoric scrapers and flint arrowheads dating back almost 80.000 years.... Basically, the area shelteres artefacts and antiquities from the prehistoric times to the galls, the romans and celtics.
Visit to the Argentomagus museum seems like a fabulous adventure through a million years, from prehistory to the end of the Roman era. Really impressive
josephescu's Related Pages
Châteauroux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BIRDS, LAKES, FISHING: UNDISCOVERED"
- "%3 Châteauroux "
- "one week in Chateauroux"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Châteauroux
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Châteauroux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Châteauroux
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 72 reviews, 123 photos
- Nepal Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos
- Khiva Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samarkand Intro, 23 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moldova Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos