"An off-the-beaten-path gem" Top 5 Page for this destination Sighnaghi by josephescu
Sighnaghi Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 130 photos
One of the earliest settlements in the country, Sighnaghi is considered to be one of the most attractive towns in the Kakheti region in Western Georgia, and for every good reason this is true.
With its medieval city walls and parks, with its charming old quarter dating from the 18th century, unspoiled by soviet civilisation, it certainly does have character.
The name of Sighnaghi comes from the Turkish word for "shelter"......
….and I were a fool to say now to a shelter like this :-)
Sighnaghi may be off the beaten track, but it's a real gem.
- Pros:living history museum
- In a nutshell:a few days exploring the surroundings worth it!
Niakhuras Tsikhe is a fortress on the way from Sighnaghi to T’bilisi, so if you’re travelling on a private car, it’s... more travel advice
Charming wooden houses in the historic centre around the main square, narrow streets, small local shops, old trees in... more travel advice
josephescu's Related Pages
Sighnaghi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sighnaghi, the pearl of Georgia"
- "Sighnaghi, Georgia"
- "An off-the-beaten-path gem"
- "Sighnaghi - major destination in Eastern Georgia"
- "A Gem"
- "Sighnaghi - The Heart of Georgia's Wine Region"
- "Homestay in Sighnaghi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sighnaghi
- Hotels in Sighnaghi
- Transportation in Sighnaghi
- Restaurants in Sighnaghi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sighnaghi
- 10 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Sighnaghi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sighnaghi
Photos in SighnaghiSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 72 reviews, 123 photos
- Nepal Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos
- Khiva Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samarkand Intro, 23 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moldova Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos