"the Koh-i-Noor of India" Agra by josephescu
Agra Travel Guide: 1,127 reviews and 3,706 photos
- the town finds mention in the epic Mahabharata when it was called Agrabana Paradise.
- Ptolemy, the famous second century A.D. geographer, marked the town on his map of the world as Agra.
- The beauty of its monuments is due to the vanity of the Mughal emperors, who wanted their capital to outdo other marvels of their time, such as Samarkand, Fergana, Herat or the gardens of Kabul
- the founder of the Mughal empire was offered the Koh-i-Noor diamond at the gates of Agra
it goes without saying......Mumtaz Mahal still lives and ventures around the Taj.....just look around and you'll see.... more travel advice
The Taj Mahal is generally considered the finest example of Mughal architecture, a style which combines elements of... more travel advice
josephescu's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Agra"
- "World of the Wonders"
- "Another Agra"
- "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- ">> eternal love of TAJ "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
Photos in AgraSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 72 reviews, 123 photos
- Nepal Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 44 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos
- Khiva Intro, 21 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Samarkand Intro, 23 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moldova Intro, 28 reviews, 79 photos