"Gateway to the Northern Dales" Leyburn by Donnylass
Leyburn Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 17 photos
Leyburn is a bustling Yorkshire Dales market town and is one of my favourite places.
Great just to stop off on the way to the wilder scenery of the northern dales for a pint or cup of tea. But even better for a longer stay - there's so much to see and the people are really welcoming and friendly
There are lovely walks from the town - I'll be adding some info on one we did shortly. Meanwhile here's a picture taken from the local train (see tip!)
- Pros:friendly, scenic, interesting
- Cons:none - unless crowds put you off during summer weekends
- In a nutshell:One of the best of the Dales towns
We turned up at the Leyburn Tourist Info expecting to easily find somewhere to stay in the town. However it was the Food... more travel advice
Each year in May Leyburn puts on its Festival of Food and Drink. It attracts 18000 visitors and has grown so much that... more travel advice
Donnylass' Related Pages
Leyburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to the Northern Dales"
- "Leyburn, North Yorkshire"
- "A Market Town in Wensleydale"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leyburn
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Leyburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leyburn
Photos in LeyburnSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Leyburn Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roanoke Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Robin Hood's Bay Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Boston Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Oswestry Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Whitby Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Twickenham Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 1 review
- Hammerfest Intro, 1 review