"Albuquerque: try spelling it without looking!" Albuquerque by ellielou

Albuquerque Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,603 photos

It's Not Santa Fe!

I have been travelling back and forth from an awful, tiny, beige cubile in Ournationscapital to ABQ. What a breath of fresh air.

Living in Baltimore, and communting to DC, I always appreciate the less touristy neighboring city, and Albuquerque is just that...

• Pros:almost never feeling like you're in a tourist trap
  • Cons:way, way too much (sub)urban sprawl
  • In a nutshell:good food, blue skies, and enough to get the flavor of NM
  • Last visit to Albuquerque: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2004

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 2:59 AM

What a lovely page with unusual tips. ;-)

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Well the film fest would be the cool thing if Rita was actually there for it! Where was that photo of you taken that's your new member photo?

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 7:49 PM

I have a sofa bed, a lab-rot, a parrot and room for guests anytime darling :)

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Interesting ancient stone writings!!! I just love to see such stuff in any place I visit. Thanks for sharing.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 9:04 AM

I visited Albuquerque once many years ago when I lived in Las Cruces for a few months. Always wanted to return. The restaurant and hotel tips are very helpful. Thanks!

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2004 at 6:23 PM

Ellen, you found two good restaurants already. Surprisingly Albuquerque has several good asian restaurants. Actually I thought the Hyatt was the tallest building.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2004 at 3:13 PM

What about the view from the top of the Sandia's with a nice glass of OR pinot in your hand? I don't think you are giving us the full scope of life in the ABQ;-\

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2004 at 10:36 AM

Many, many years ago I had travelled thru Albuquerque and thought it looked like a nice place to live or visit. Maybe someday, I 'll travel thru again. Thanks for a little insight.

ellielou

“The taste is completely different from a gummi bear, yet somehow familiar.”

Badges & Stats in Albuquerque

Have you been to Albuquerque?