"Marvelous Kazbegi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi by ellielou

Kazbegi Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 290 photos

the view

Kazbegi. Ok. I'm not a climber/trekker/hiker/whatever, but well worth it to get to the mountains here. And, hike. Not only will you be out of breath from the walk. It'll take your breath away.

the view, II

When I was a kid, in the 1970s, there used to be a commercial on tv for Dannon yogurt. It went something like this: In the Caucasus, where people live to be around 110 years old, they eat a lot of yogurt.

Ok. I didn't see any Dannon there. I didn't even see any yogurt. But, I did see some really old people, and, well, they looked relatively healthy. In fact, they looked just like I remember from the yogurt commercials.

It must be something about the view and the scenery.

the view, III

The name of the church is Tsminda Sameba Church, or, the more easily pronounced Holy Trinity Church.

• Pros:beautiful, stunning, unique
  • Cons:mercurial mountain weather
  • In a nutshell:a must see when visiting Georgia
  • Last visit to Kazbegi: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 20, 2006

• maykal's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM

Yoghurt makes you live longer?! Noo....I think it has more to do with the wine, the vodka and the cigarettes! Anyway, happy birthday ;@P

• Aug 23, 2007 at 1:17 AM

a beautiful little page ellen. loved your photos, and great tips too. i will have to explore more of your georgia pages when i have a chance! cheers :)

• grets's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 12:40 AM

What an amazing place!

• Castaner's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 8:25 AM

You have some amazing pictures. I was really upset that we couldn't make it to Kazbegi, but apparently there were complications on the Russian border that made this impossible for us. Great tips!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 12:46 PM

If they have a name, does that spare them from the frying pan? Good to see you out walking! ;-]

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2007 at 5:00 AM

still kicking myself for not making it to kazbegi......

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Eating under Stalin's watchful eyes must have been a very special experience. A very interesting page!!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2006 at 1:32 PM

i gave up visiting kazbegi to head to armenia, just to break my arm... i should have stayed in georgia, damn it... there's a vague plan to return and take in azerbaijan too in the not so distant future...

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 9:50 PM

Love the whole ubiquitous Stalin spectre thing going on....also, fascinating about the St. Nino cross. I got a chill looking at the photos on some of these tips.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 5:17 PM

Lots of nice pics on simple town like this. :->

ellielou

“The taste is completely different from a gummi bear, yet somehow familiar.”

Badges & Stats in Kazbegi

Have you been to Kazbegi?

Latest Activity in Kazbegi