"Marvelous Kazbegi" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi by ellielou
Kazbegi Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 282 photos
Kazbegi. Ok. I'm not a climber/trekker/hiker/whatever, but well worth it to get to the mountains here. And, hike. Not only will you be out of breath from the walk. It'll take your breath away.
When I was a kid, in the 1970s, there used to be a commercial on tv for Dannon yogurt. It went something like this: In the Caucasus, where people live to be around 110 years old, they eat a lot of yogurt.
Ok. I didn't see any Dannon there. I didn't even see any yogurt. But, I did see some really old people, and, well, they looked relatively healthy. In fact, they looked just like I remember from the yogurt commercials.
It must be something about the view and the scenery.
The name of the church is Tsminda Sameba Church, or, the more easily pronounced Holy Trinity Church.
- Pros:beautiful, stunning, unique
- Cons:mercurial mountain weather
- In a nutshell:a must see when visiting Georgia
This place was listed in the Lonely Planet (which, if you read my warnings and dangers page for Tbilisi, I do not... more travel advice
Of course, the church has a bell tower, and some little special structure that we didn't quite know what to make of. more travel advice
ellielou's Related Pages
Kazbegi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greater Caucasus, home of Prometheus."
- "Marvelous Kazbegi"
- "Kazbegi: great place to get away from it all :)"
- "Kazbegi 2001 & 2005"
- "Kazebegi in the caucasus"
- "A Land of the Titans"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kazbegi
- Hotels in Kazbegi
- Transportation in Kazbegi
- Nightlife in Kazbegi
- Restaurants in Kazbegi
- Shopping in Kazbegi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kazbegi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kazbegi
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kazbegi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kazbegi
Photos in KazbegiSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos