"dunes and (almost) nothingness" Cabo Polonio by ellielou
Cabo Polonio Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos
while there are many fine beach towns along the Uruguayan coast, Cabo Polonio is the one with the really amazing dunes.
Cabo Polonio is a beach town, but there are no roads. To get anywhere, you have to stop on the outskirts, and hire a 4X4 or take horses to get into the town....
It was windy and off-season when we were there, so there was no one taking advantage of sun and surf, but it did seem like a relaxing place for a few day...that is, if you're willing to spend a few days without any electricity.
I'm pretty certain that Haussmann, L'Enfant, or Robert Moses have a hand in the planning of Cabo Polonio...in fact, I don't think anyone really did. houses in all sorts of shapes and styles and repairs sit on the sand....
- Pros:quiet, dunes, sun, sand, water
- Cons:no electricty
- In a nutshell:quiet, dunes, sun, sand, water and no electricty!!!
personally, but the time we got to Cabo Polonio, we had seen loads of sea lions. we had sat with them on the beach at... more travel advice
the dunes are really quite something....you can climb (the sand is, surprising, quite easy to walk on), and just marvel... more travel advice
ellielou's Related Pages
Cabo Polonio Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cabo Polonio
- Hotels in Cabo Polonio
- Transportation in Cabo Polonio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cabo Polonio
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cabo Polonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cabo Polonio
Photos in Cabo PolonioSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos