"Day trip to the Pampas" San Antonio de Areco by ellielou
San Antonio de Areco Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
For foreign travelers who want a taste of gaucho life (who knows how authentic this is...but it's not for me to say), many head out from the big city, and stay at one of the many estancias (ranches) in this town, about a two hour bus ride from Buenos Aires.
We decided to go for the day, because, maybe, just maybe, we would catch the big Dia de la Tradicion there....but, they moved it up a week (just our luck.)
Anyway, it's a pleasant way to get a brief taste of life outside of BsAs.
And, there are gauchos! (Again, who knows how authentic, but....)
Being from the U.S., I'm really not sure how much the gaucho mythology differs from that of the "cowboy," but, spending some time just checking out the gauchos is not an unpleasant way to spend a part of the afternoon.
There are competitions, put on for the tourists...but probably some of these horsepersonship skills are actually used.
- Pros:glimpse of the quite life not far from the big city
- Cons:much is staged for the few tourists
- In a nutshell:Perfect for the afternoon, back to BsAs for the night!
ellielou's Related Pages
San Antonio de Areco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Estancia Visit-- Visita a una estancia"
- "Pretty laid back but nice"
- "Tierra de tradición- "Land of tradition""
- "San Antonio de Areco"
- "Day trip to the Pampas"
- "A gaucho town outside Buenos Aires."
- "The place where u can still find real gauchos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Antonio de Areco
- Hotels in San Antonio de Areco
- Transportation in San Antonio de Areco
- Restaurants in San Antonio de Areco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Antonio de Areco
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to San Antonio de Areco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Antonio de Areco
Photos in San Antonio de ArecoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos