"vertical city of KL" Kuala Lumpur by ellielou
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,926 reviews and 13,250 photos
Everyone, of course, knows of the Petronas Towers....which really are incredible, but what's equally incredible is the number of skyscrapers everywhere, and how they keep building building....
...and they build places to shop. I'm not a 'mall person" but found the ones scattered around the city quite handy as a respite from the intense heat....
some of the stores, though, do have incredibly funny names....and, since my last trip, a few months prior to arriving in KL, was to another initial city, BA, I thought this sign a hoot!
as I mentioned, the Petronas Towers are really something....and one of the distinguishing features is the skybridge between the two towers....
the bridge works as metaphor, too, for KL. not only do three cultures connect there, but there are also fabulous, amazing, wonderful, and hospitable VTers in the area, bridging Western VTers with those in the East.
Because there is such a strong KL presence on VT, I'll leave you to get most of your travel advice from the locals' pages....think of my pages as just a humble addition to what's already out there.
- Pros:friendly, English-speaking, multicultural city with fine public transport system
- Cons:terrible for pedestrians, over abundance of chain stores, restaurants, etc.
- In a nutshell:perfect for a first-time visitor to Asia
I didn't set out to go here, but am glad that I did. I was walking out of the National Museum, into a courtyard, and... more travel advice
Meet VTers and eat! My first full day, I went out to the suburbs and met Wild_Orchid (aka Aunt Agony) who picked me up... more travel advice
ellielou's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 54 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos
Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
- Citin Hotel Masjid Jamek
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Concorde Inn KLIA Hotel
- 698 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Grand Central Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2012
- Sky Palms Guest House
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2010
- Fraser Place Kuala Lumpur
- 317 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Summer Guesthouse
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 6, 2012
- Wedgewood Residences Mon't Kiara
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2013
- KL Plaza Suites
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 9, 2013
- Matahari Lodge
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Green Hut Lodge
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Grand Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Alamanda Hotel Petaling Street
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Piccolo Hotel
- 355 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Agora Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Classic Inn
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013