"vertical city of KL" Kuala Lumpur by ellielou
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,399 reviews and 15,047 photos
Everyone, of course, knows of the Petronas Towers....which really are incredible, but what's equally incredible is the number of skyscrapers everywhere, and how they keep building building....
...and they build places to shop. I'm not a 'mall person" but found the ones scattered around the city quite handy as a respite from the intense heat....
some of the stores, though, do have incredibly funny names....and, since my last trip, a few months prior to arriving in KL, was to another initial city, BA, I thought this sign a hoot!
as I mentioned, the Petronas Towers are really something....and one of the distinguishing features is the skybridge between the two towers....
the bridge works as metaphor, too, for KL. not only do three cultures connect there, but there are also fabulous, amazing, wonderful, and hospitable VTers in the area, bridging Western VTers with those in the East.
Because there is such a strong KL presence on VT, I'll leave you to get most of your travel advice from the locals' pages....think of my pages as just a humble addition to what's already out there.
- Pros:friendly, English-speaking, multicultural city with fine public transport system
- Cons:terrible for pedestrians, over abundance of chain stores, restaurants, etc.
- In a nutshell:perfect for a first-time visitor to Asia
I didn't set out to go here, but am glad that I did. I was walking out of the National Museum, into a courtyard, and... more travel advice
Meet VTers and eat! My first full day, I went out to the suburbs and met Wild_Orchid (aka Aunt Agony) who picked me up... more travel advice
ellielou's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "The City That I Feel So Comfortable In..."
- "the city I grew up in..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 54 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "vertical city of KL"
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Hoi An Or Siem Reap?"
- Commented on one of airasia's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thaipusam: Volume 2"
- Wrote a Review Jawi Museum about National Museum - Museum Negara in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- T'bilisi Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Georgia Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos
- Veliko Turnovo Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos