"New Hope... A unique art village" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope by bct341
New Hope Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 161 photos
New Hope, often called the "Jewel of Bucks County", is an eclectic river village community with unique charm, sophistication and beauty, nested on the banks of the Delaware River and historic Delaware Canal - surrounded by rural countryside and just opposite historical, tourist friendly, Lambertville, New Jersey about an hour drive north of Philadelphia.
Aproximately only 1.1 square mile, New Hope Borough enjoys a rich diversity in her people, businesses, cultures and her history. Long known as a haven for artists, the village gained recognition as a theater town in 1939, when the Bucks County Playhouse opened in a former mill overlooking the river.
From impressive art galleries, specialty shops, antiques, talented artisans, gourmet restaurants historical landmarks, a working steam powered train, a mule powered barge and an occasional ghost, New Hope continues to thrive and spark interest from tourists worldwide.
While at New Hope.. cross the delaware river, by car or walk the bridge and experience Lambertville, NJ. It is a sister city of New Hope and has similar attractions. I have some tips of Lamberville as well :)
- Pros:Nice Atmosphere, great galleries, crafts stores, and restaurants :)
- Cons:Can get crowded in the summer
- In a nutshell:A great day trip, browse the galleries or just people watch :)
Cross the bridge from New hope and go to Lambertville New Jersey.. The old Lambertville Station is now a restaurant and... more travel advice
Here is a view of the passenger cars of the train.. definitely a great ride.. and a step back in history. Give you a... more travel advice
- Ummm NEW HOPE!!!
- See All Former homes now are restaurants
- Small.. crowded sidewalks..
- See All Motorcycle Row..... Part two :)
bct341's Related Pages
New Hope Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Hope, Pennsylvania ~ bordering New Jersey"
- "New Hope... A unique art village"
- "Village of artists on the river"
- "A great weekend away"
- "New Hope - An Eclectic Village"
- "Antiquer's Paradise"
- "New Hope, PA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hope
- Hotels in New Hope
- Transportation in New Hope
- Nightlife in New Hope
- Restaurants in New Hope
- Shopping in New Hope
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hope
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Hope
- 26 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to New Hope?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hope
Photos in New HopeSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia Intro, 41 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Benidorm Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Longwood Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frederick Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
Latest New Hope hotel reviews
- The Whitehall Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Porches on the Towpath
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- The Inn at Bowman's Hill
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Harlans ~ The Nevermore
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- The Lexington House
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- The Logan Inn
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013