"Red Rock, Slick Rock, Arches and Canyons" Top 5 Page for this destination Moab by XenoHumph
Moab Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,059 photos
This picture is so typical of the surroundings of Moab in Southeast Utah. First the red sandstone sculpted in mesa or flat plateau, generally graced with canyons, cliffs and weird formations (hoodoos or pinnacles and arches), here shown in Castle Valley. Other examples abound in nearby Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. Then a few rivers, here the Colorado (there is also the Green river in Canyonlands National Park) laced with the green of cottonwoods and tamarisk trees. Then alpine ecosystems as islands in the desert, here the Lasal Mountains in the background towards the East (often at the horizon near Moab you also have the Abajos mountains to the South and the Henry's to the West).
Funded by Mormons
- Pros:Ideal for desert hiking, mountain biking, river rafting and 4-wheel-drive vehicles
- Cons:Too touristy
- In a nutshell:I can't wait to be back, beautiful, amazing landscapes!!
Most rivers and creeks you will cross in the Moab area will look very dry. But be very careful! They can become deadly... more travel advice
Driving a jeep or any 4-wheel drive on dirt roads is another popular "sport" in the Moab area. There are lots of roads... more travel advice
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Moab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Nucleus of Activity Close to Here"
- "Where adventure Begins"
- "Red Rock, Slick Rock, Arches and Canyons"
- "Off Road Mecca"
- "3 Days in Moab"
- "Moab, UT - Nature at Its Best!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moab
- Hotels in Moab
- Transportation in Moab
- Nightlife in Moab
- Restaurants in Moab
- Shopping in Moab
- Warnings and Dangers in Moab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moab
- 22 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Moab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moab
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Re: over 50yo warnings and tips?"
- Commented on one of XenoHumph's Moab travel pages
- updated a Moab Travel Page "Red Rock, Slick Rock, Arches and Canyons"
- Uploaded a Photo to "We were not good enough for them"
- Wrote a Review Innocent dry wash? in Moab Warnings and Dangers
Photos in MoabSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos