"The Palouse, Idaho-Washington States border" Moscow by XenoHumph
Moscow Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
The Palouse, a region of big rolling hills covered with wheat, lentil or canola fields, stradles the border between the states of Idaho and Washington. The 2 main towns, both with a University, are Moscow (Idaho) and Pullman (Washington) separated by only 8 miles. The Palouse hills are cut by deep spectacular canyons in black basalts (for example that of the Snake river) sometimes enhanced by giant white water falls. The villages are quaint with colorfull old barns and houses, just like it was in the 50' maybe, unspoiled, rural and quaint.
- Pros:beauty of the landscapes, kindness of the locals
- Cons:isolated, no freeways (a blessing??!)
- In a nutshell:Spectacular landscapes, America's countryside untouched and quaint.
Between 17 and 15.5 millions years ago, this region was a very fierce furnace of relentless flowing lavas, simply... more travel advice
The other major university of the area is that of Washington State. Also located on a hill overlooking Pullman, it has... more travel advice
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Palouse, Idaho-Washington States border"
- "chhhhhhh22's new Moscow Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 11 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
Photos in MoscowSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos