"Martinique des anses aux mornes (bays to hills)" Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique by XenoHumph
Martinique Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 352 photos
The South has the most famous beaches, is drier and less mountaineous than the North.
The northern part of the island is more mountainous and rainy. Its history is dominated by the eruption of the volcano Montagne Pelée which destroyed Saint Pierre in 1902.
Martinique is located in the lesser Caribbean (Petites Antilles in French). It belongs to France. It has a tropical humid weather which is quite pleasant throughout the year, especially on the hills (mornes) where a breeze is always felt.
- Pros:Sea & mountain, beach & hiking, beautiful tropical island
- Cons:Narrow twisty steep roads
Do not believe the "recent" guidebooks, like my two "2010" ones, suggesting that you can visit the plantation Habitation... more travel advice
In construction Awsome views on the coast, secluded beaches and cliffs Tropical himid forest narrow muddy and slick... more travel advice
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Martinique Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martinique des anses aux mornes (bays to hills)"
- "La Martinique"
- "BuickMackane's Martinique Page"
- "Martinique - December 2006"
- "Little France in the Caribbean"
- "Welcome to Madinina, the Flowers’ Island."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martinique
- Hotels in Martinique
- Transportation in Martinique
- Nightlife in Martinique
- Restaurants in Martinique
- Shopping in Martinique
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinique
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martinique
- 24 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Martinique?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinique
- Posted in Travel Houston Forum "Re: Information about Friendswood..."
- Wrote a Review Habitation Céron is closed! in Martinique Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Martinique Travel Page "Martinique des anses aux mornes (bays to hills)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hiking the scenic Trace des Caps (South)"
- Commented on one of iam1wthee's Martinique travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Martinique hotels