"Rhône Valley: Salaise Sur Sanne and its region" Salaise-sur-Sanne by XenoHumph
Salaise-sur-Sanne Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 20 photos
Salaise Sur Sanne is the village where my parents live in France. It is located in a very nice coutryside in the Northern Rhône Valley, SE France . The region has lots of orchards (peaches, apples, pears,cherries...) and is right next to famous Côtes-Du-Rhône wineries (St-Joseph, Hermitage...). It has also a few nastily smelling chemical factories along the river. I guess it gives people jobs though... Luckily, most of Salaise is located up the hillIside which rarely gets bad smells.
It is a nice place to live as it is very well located: 200 km from the heart of the Alps, 350 km from the Mediterranean, 100 km from the Massif Central, 40 km South of the city of Lyon . It also has great weather with hot (30 C) and dry summers, mild winters and pleasant the rest of the time.
Best train stop is Péage de Roussillon.and best freeway exit (A7) is Chanas.
If you want to see more pictures of that region, go to my website at:
Old local buildings are made of Rhone pebbles and mud in Salaise.
Les batiments anciens sont construits avec des galets du Rhone.
Admire well as long as you can the old buildings of Salaise!! The mayor office is on an agenda to destroy systematically all the old buildings and walls of the center of town to replace them with cheap (but good for the town officials' pocket I hear) very ugly modern crapy ones (see my "Local customs tips"). A complete slaughter that has been going for about 10 years now.
Profitez en bien de ces vieux bâtiments traditionnels!! La mairie est en train de raser systématiquement tous les vielles maisons et murs du centre pour les remplacer avec des constructions a bon marché (mais qui remplit bien les poches du maire et accolytes selon la rumeur) modernes et horribles (voir mes "Local customs tips"). Cà fait maintenant à peu près 10 ans que le massacre continue en toute impunité!
Rhône valley near Salaise, view to the South from the St Joseph vineyards.
- Pros:Nice little French village...
- Cons:... being destroyed by mayor & friends
Not a huge amount of things to do in Salaise beside the Prieuré little church (see below)... But strolling through the... more travel advice
Last time I went to Salaise (July 2006) I noticed that one of the most beautiful (and preserved!) house of the town was... more travel advice
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Salaise-sur-Sanne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rhône Valley: Salaise Sur Sanne and its region"
- Create a Salaise-sur-Sanne Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Salaise-sur-Sanne
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Salaise-sur-Sanne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salaise-sur-Sanne
- Posted in Travel Houston Forum "Re: Information about Friendswood..."
- Commented on one of XenoHumph's Salaise-sur-Sanne tips
- updated a Salaise-sur-Sanne Travel Page "Rhône Valley: Salaise Sur Sanne and its region"
- Wrote a Review Stroll the streets in Salaise-sur-Sanne Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stroll the streets"
Photos in Salaise-sur-SanneSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos