"Paris-Texas; French in the US!" XenoHumph's Profile
This website was started initialy to provide tips on Houston (Texas, USA) where I live. But now, I got hooked to Virtual Tourist, so I started other pages... I try mainly to create pages on places that have not or little been described in VT, at least when I started them; for example Big Bend National Park in Texas (USA), the Palouse area (Northwest USA), Kamtchatka (Eastern Russia), Cévennes and Quercy (France), and the Pilbara (North Western Australia). I sometimes try to have funny pages such as my Paris, San Francisco or Luling ones. I have a few pages that are family related such as Salaise-Sur-Sanne (France) and Nivelles (Belgium). For the rest, I loved these places so much that I still wanted to share my experience with you! Finally a very important part of Virtual Tourist for me is to be able to show my pictures because photography is my hobby.
When I go to other VT members pages I look for good tips on hotels and restaurants mainly, but I also enjoy particularly good photography and funny pages.
My Houston page is of course the most extensive Texan one and I update it regularly.
Check my Huntsville VT page for pictures of an authentic rodeo!
I finally finished my page on Big Bend National Park, a little known huge US park showing the gorgeous and remote Western Texas desert. If you are driving from the East to Big Bend, do not miss on the way the little Seminole State Park with amazing petroglyphs.
A funny little page on an oil town that decorated their oil wells, Luling.
This is a link to my external webpage about Texas.
No, Texas is not the only state I have been to in the States! I even have a little page on San Francisco. Visit it only if you like sea lions as much as I do... And also, I have
Moab, Utah if you are interested in beautiful desert of red sandstone.
The Palouse area for impressive rolling hills and authentic quaint old-style countryside life in the US.
A few pictures of the beautiful Oregon coast.
And a restaurant must stop in Trinidad, Colorado.
I am French so I go back regularly to visit. Here are a few highlights:
Salaise-Sur-Sanne where my parents live.
Parc des Cévennes, a beautiful and remote region of Southern France I just love!
Quercy, a glorious part of Southwest France very rich in history (I have only pictures at this point, sorry!).
And of course, a page dedicated to all the places called "Paris" in the world!!
To see more pictures of France go to my external pages:
Salaise sur Sanne,
This website also contains links to pictures I took in Iceland... as well as a few Iceland VT tips for those who have the brilliant idea to go there (in Iceland, not to my page!)!! Be indulgent, this is one of my first Virtual Tourist page...
Although my trip to Eastern Siberia dates back to 1995, I decided to build a VT page on Kamchatka anyway as there is not too much on this region in VT.
My latest trip was in Australia where I went to the States of Victoria and Western Australia (Pilbara). I have not had much time building my Australian pages, but I'll try! I loved Australia, its landscapes, fauna and flora are extraordinary, and Australians very friendly.
One of my most exotic trip was in Southern China, in the province of Yunnan which is actually not very Chinese culturally...
The latest page is on Martinique, a lovely French island in the lesser Caribbean.
(The page is still in construction!)
My latest adventure was an expedition in Antarctica in December 2011 - January 2012. Please check my Antarctica page if you want to know how the interior of the 7th continent looks and feels like!
BTW, I took all the pictures in this website
Well, except my mugshot up there... That's from the Seal Conservation Society .
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 502 Reviews
- 1,033 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 14 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Commented on one of heydelin's Boracay Island travel pages
- updated a Parc National des Cévennes Travel Page "Les Cévennes: Saint Germain de Calberte area"
- XenoHumph and goodfish are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Pleasure of the eye from around the world (2)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pleasure of the eye from around the world (2)"
- Posted in Travel Houston Forum "Re: Information about Friendswood..."
- Commented on the Antarctica Local Customs travel guide
- Wrote a Review Souvenirs at McMurdo & Scott bases in Antarctica Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Antarctica
PhotosSee All Photos (1033)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 101 reviews, 157 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng Intro, 63 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos
- Kamchatskaya Oblast' Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moab Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 33 photos
- Figeac Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos