"Bet Guvrin-Maresha National Park" Bet Guvrin by Jackiekg
Bet Guvrin Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 161 photos
Bet Guvrin National Park contains impressive remains of the Hellenistic period. A system of caves quaried into the soft chalk rocks was also discovered. The caves were used for water storage and to house olive oil presses and a columbarium (doveccte). A roman era amphitheater can also be found here. (This I didn't see).
Lots of going up and down steps here - so be warned!
The 'holes' were carved out of the soft rock for birds to nest in - their droppings were used for fertilizer!
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Bet Guvrin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cave City Bet Guvrin"
- "Beit Guvrin-Morasha National Park"
- "Bet Guvrin-Maresha National Park"
- "Bet Guvrin"
- "Bet Guvrin"
- "Bet Guvrin - land of the caves"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bet Guvrin
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bet Guvrin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bet Guvrin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.