"Ramla" Ramla by Jackiekg
Ramla Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 25 photos
The muslamic Ramla was founded in the year 716 A.D. by the khalif Suliman Abed El Malik of the Umaya dynasty. This is the only city founded by the arabs during their rule in Israel. According to researchers the muslamic city was established around a jewish settlement named "Sands of the region". The arabic name RAMLA is derived from the word RAML meaning "sand". In July 1948 Ramla was conquered through "Operation Danny" and today has 65,000 residents.
The city of Ramla is located in the coastal area in the center of the country, on the main route between Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem which is also the main route connecting north and south.
Alongside Ramla's old buildings and narrow winding alleys are modern housing with spacious
streets, public parks and sidewalks adorned with flora.
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Ramla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ramla: Under the Arches"
- "Ramla - a place off the famous beaten path"
- "Old Monuments"
- "Ramla...a charming multicultural city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ramla
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ramla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ramla
Photos in RamlaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.