"Tiberias" Tiberias by Jackiekg
Tiberias Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 330 photos
Tiberias was founded in 19 AD and has a population of 37,700. It is located on the western shores of the Sea of Galilee. 152 km / 95 miles from Jerusalem; 134 km / 83 miles from Tel Aviv.
Interesting fact: Named in honor of the Roman Emperor Tiberius, 14-37 AD, the city was built by Herod Antipas, the son of King Herod. In its early years Tiberias was a popular Roman resort town with hot springs and bath houses.
The Church of the First Feeding of the Multitude at Tabgha. This is the traditional site of the miracle of the Loaves... more travel advice
Jacob's Ladder is a two-day folk music festival, this year held on Kibbutz Ginosar on the shores of Lake Kinneret. This... more travel advice
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Tiberias Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiberias & The Lake area"
- "Ave Tiberius !!!"
- "UNFORGETTABLE PILGRIMAGE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiberias
- Hotels in Tiberias
- Transportation in Tiberias
- Restaurants in Tiberias
- Shopping in Tiberias
- Warnings and Dangers in Tiberias
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiberias
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tiberias?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiberias
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.