"Zefat" Top 5 Page for this destination Zefat by Jackiekg
Zefat Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 111 photos
The ancient city of Zefat. A rather small town located in Northern Israel, 900 meters (3200 feet) above sea level in the mountains of the Upper Galilee, with magnificent views east to the Kinneret and the Jordan River.
Zefat (also spelt Safed, Tzfat, Tsfat) is one of the four holy cities in the Land of Israel, the other holy cities are: Jerusalem, Hebron and Tiberias. The old part of town consists of narrow twisted streets revealing artists' galleries, medieval synagogues, private homes and small guest houses. Number of inhabitants (ca 27,000).
- Pros:Quaint, historical, nice views.
- In a nutshell:Religious community - lots of study centres
This building has a lot of history connected to it. It has been in the family - passed father to son - for 150 years and... more travel advice
Written Aug 18, 2003
The Klezmer Festival - Zefat
Written Aug 19, 2003
More Scenes From Zefat
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Zefat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists and History"
- "Safed: Home of the Kabbalah"
- "Zefat - The Capital of the Galilee"
- "Like visiting into a painting"
- "a holy city in israel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zefat
- Restaurants in Zefat
- Shopping in Zefat
- Warnings and Dangers in Zefat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zefat
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Zefat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zefat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.