"Zichron Ya'acov - Tourist's Can Enjoy Here Too!" Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov by Jackiekg
Zichron Yaakov Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 174 photos
Zichron Ya’acov is located off Route # 652 between Route #70 and Route # 4 (the Tel Aviv Haifa road). It is half an hour from Haifa and 15 minutes from Caesarea.
In the main street, Hameyasdim Street, are small red-roofed 19th century homes and part of the road is still of cobblestone. The courtyards, which once held animals, now have antique shops, crafts shops and boutiques. About half way down the street is Bet Aaronson, once the home of accomplished agronomist Aaron Aaronson (1876-1919) who gained international fame for his discovery of an ancestor of modern wheat. The house remains the same as it looked after WW1, with family photographs and French and Turkish furniture. Also his library and diaries.
As you walk down Hameyasdim Street be sure to take note of the signs on the various buildings. They provide information about Zichron Ya’acov’s past. Whether you decide to attend an afternoon harp concert, visit one of the museums or simply want to stroll the settlement’s main street, Zichron Ya’acov is certainly worth a visit.
- Pros:Interesting, nice atmosphere, quiet
- In a nutshell:Well worth visiting!
Hours: Sunday - Friday, From 9am - 4pm - every hour on the hour. Friday, last tour at 1pm Tour lasts approx. one... more travel advice
Jackiekg's Related Pages
Zichron Yaakov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zichron Ya'akov - Small Provance"
- "Zichron Ya'akov - The Most European Town In Isreal"
- "The Baron, the Pioneers and the Spies"
- "Zichron Ya'acov - Tourist's Can Enjoy Here Too!"
- "Zichron Yaakov - a small special town"
- "Ramat Hanadiv"
- "Zichron Ya'akov"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zichron Yaakov
- Hotels in Zichron Yaakov
- Restaurants in Zichron Yaakov
- Shopping in Zichron Yaakov
- Warnings and Dangers in Zichron Yaakov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zichron Yaakov
- 3 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Zichron Yaakov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zichron Yaakov
Photos in Zichron YaakovSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.