"Living in Tel Aviv" Jackiekg's Profile
This photo was taken from the Azrieli Shopping Centre in Tel Aviv. The centre is made up of three buildings - each a different shape. It is possible to go to observatory on the top floor (49th I think) to get a view all over Tel Aviv and beyond. You get here from the 3rd floor. This is worth doing.
I first came to Israel in 1962 with a group from England (including my twin sister Gillian), to spend a year on a kibbutz near Haifa. After that I went to another kibbutz in the Negev and from there arrived in Tel Aviv, where I spent a few months doing secretarial work in a travel office. By now two years had passed and my parents said "It's time to come home"! And home we went, travelling via Paris and Amsterdam.
Within a year we were both back for good. I love it here for many reasons. I have made many good friends, many of them Israelis who don't even speak good English. The weather is great - although at times a bit too hot and Tel Aviv is a city that is 'alive' 24 hours of the day.
I have lots of hobbies, mainly Israeli folk-dancing and using my computer. My latest craze is photography, and you will be seeing the photographs that I have taken during the last week or so, when the craze started. I hope to improve in time as I've never really bothered too much about how good phtographs are. I really hope to capture the "feel" of Tel Aviv for you.
Here you can get an idea of the views from the observatory of the Azrieli Centre - at the time we were there it wasn't very clear outside.
132 Petach Tikva Road.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 124 Reviews
- 642 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on jh2000choi's profile page
- Posted in Travel Maryland Forum "Re: Visiting Maryland"
- Wrote a Review Marina Herzliya and Arena Shopping Mall in Herzliya Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Herzliya Sea Front"
- updated a Herzliya Travel Page "Herzliya Sea Front"
updated their Profile Page "Living in Tel Aviv"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos