"Living in Tel Aviv" Jackiekg's Profile
(Please note that I am not active on this site at the moment and so will not be answering questions).
This photo was taken from the Azrieli Shopping Centre in Tel Aviv. The centre is made up of three buildings - each a different shape. It is possible to go to observatory on the top floor (49th I think) to get a view all over Tel Aviv and beyond. You get here from the 3rd floor. This is worth doing.
I first came to Israel in 1962 with a group from England (including my twin sister Gillian), to spend a year on a kibbutz near Haifa. After that I went to another kibbutz in the Negev and from there arrived in Tel Aviv, where I spent a few months doing secretarial work in a travel office. By now two years had passed and my parents said "It's time to come home"! And home we went, travelling via Paris and Amsterdam.
Within a year we were both back for good. I love it here for many reasons. I have made many good friends, many of them Israelis who don't even speak good English. The weather is great - although at times a bit too hot and Tel Aviv is a city that is 'alive' 24 hours of the day.
I have lots of hobbies, mainly Israeli folk-dancing and using my computer. My latest craze is photography, and you will be seeing the photographs that I have taken during the last week or so, when the craze started. I hope to improve in time as I've never really bothered too much about how good phtographs are. I really hope to capture the "feel" of Tel Aviv for you.
Here you can get an idea of the views from the observatory of the Azrieli Centre - at the time we were there it wasn't very clear outside.
132 Petach Tikva Road.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 124 Reviews
- 642 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
- Commented on Jackiekg's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Living in Tel Aviv"
- Posted in Travel Tel Aviv-Yafo Forum "Re: what bus to take from Ben..."
- Commented on the President Hotel - London, London travel guide
- Wrote a Review Marina Herzliya and Arena Shopping Mall in Herzliya Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Herzliya Sea Front"
- updated a Herzliya Travel Page "Herzliya Sea Front"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.