"Living in Tel Aviv" Jackiekg's Profile
This photo was taken from the Azrieli Shopping Centre in Tel Aviv. The centre is made up of three buildings - each a different shape. It is possible to go to observatory on the top floor (49th I think) to get a view all over Tel Aviv and beyond. You get here from the 3rd floor. This is worth doing.
I first came to Israel in 1962 with a group from England (including my twin sister Gillian), to spend a year on a kibbutz near Haifa. After that I went to another kibbutz in the Negev and from there arrived in Tel Aviv, where I spent a few months doing secretarial work in a travel office. By now two years had passed and my parents said "It's time to come home"! And home we went, travelling via Paris and Amsterdam.
Within a year we were both back for good. I love it here for many reasons. I have made many good friends, many of them Israelis who don't even speak good English. The weather is great - although at times a bit too hot and Tel Aviv is a city that is 'alive' 24 hours of the day.
I have lots of hobbies, mainly Israeli folk-dancing and using my computer. My latest craze is photography, and you will be seeing the photographs that I have taken during the last week or so, when the craze started. I hope to improve in time as I've never really bothered too much about how good phtographs are. I really hope to capture the "feel" of Tel Aviv for you.
Here you can get an idea of the views from the observatory of the Azrieli Centre - at the time we were there it wasn't very clear outside.
132 Petach Tikva Road.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 124 Reviews
- 642 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel Tel Aviv-Yafo Forum "Re: what bus to take from Ben..."
- Commented on the President Hotel - London, London travel guide
- Commented on davidjo's profile page
- Wrote a Review Marina Herzliya and Arena Shopping Mall in Herzliya Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Herzliya Sea Front"
- updated a Herzliya Travel Page "Herzliya Sea Front"
updated their Profile Page "Living in Tel Aviv"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 51 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Israel 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Masada Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bermondsey Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa District Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Eilat Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tiberias Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herzliya Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos