"Living in Tel Aviv" Jackiekg's Profile

This photo was taken from the Azrieli Shopping Centre in Tel Aviv. The centre is made up of three buildings - each a different shape. It is possible to go to observatory on the top floor (49th I think) to get a view all over Tel Aviv and beyond. You get here from the 3rd floor. This is worth doing.

I first came to Israel in 1962 with a group from England (including my twin sister Gillian), to spend a year on a kibbutz near Haifa. After that I went to another kibbutz in the Negev and from there arrived in Tel Aviv, where I spent a few months doing secretarial work in a travel office. By now two years had passed and my parents said "It's time to come home"! And home we went, travelling via Paris and Amsterdam.

Within a year we were both back for good. I love it here for many reasons. I have made many good friends, many of them Israelis who don't even speak good English. The weather is great - although at times a bit too hot and Tel Aviv is a city that is 'alive' 24 hours of the day.

I have lots of hobbies, mainly Israeli folk-dancing and using my computer. My latest craze is photography, and you will be seeing the photographs that I have taken during the last week or so, when the craze started. I hope to improve in time as I've never really bothered too much about how good phtographs are. I really hope to capture the "feel" of Tel Aviv for you.

A View from the top of the Azrieli Centre

Here you can get an idea of the views from the observatory of the Azrieli Centre - at the time we were there it wasn't very clear outside.

132 Petach Tikva Road.

View from the observatory of the Azriela Centre

• Intro Updated Jul 29, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!