"Carei - The Last Stop" Carei by edvin_br
Carei Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 53 photos
Carei is in the "end" of Romania, in Satu mare county, near the border with Hungary.
Im visiting there every year in the summer ... i have family just near it. My last visit was in the summer of 2004 and i been there 2 weeks. The town is pretty old, but nice european town. Its not big... less then 25,000 people live there. When you come in the summer the city is full with germans, most of them lived there long time ago and left after the fell of the communism. There are also some tourists here and there. i personally have there a lot of friends an its very fun to go there... there is a lot of thing to do... so i recommend to you to visit this town. The best way is to come by car and in the summer.
Carei is a mixed nationalities town, most of the citizens are Hungarian, after it the Romanian and there is also a minority of Germans that many of them left the city after the revolution in 1989.
The cities most importent site is the Karoly Kastely (Castle) that was built under the rule of the Hungarian royality family of Karoly in the 18 century... since then the city had devaloped and most of the architecture in the old town is Austro-Hungarian..
Most of the people that live in Carei will say that i the most boring place on earth... well, dont listen to them... they complain too much about everything. The funny thing is that all the foreign have great time there.
Carei is a great place in the summer monthes. Most of the shops are being closed at 16:00 (some stores, restaurants and supermarkets are until later hours), in that time it seems like the tow becomes a ghost town... most of the youngsters are getting out to the center at 8-9 pm... at 10-11 you can hardly find a sitting place in a bar (especially at weekends). Carei as a pretty good nightlife scene... there are some good bars such the Vidi bar or the Benze, the great terrace at the castle park which called the Karam or you have the Joy club... there are some good restaurants too such Ali Baba, Bucuresti or Red&Brown... so if you ever get to Carei you know how to have fun... :)).
- Pros:The best is to come in summer. the city is well alive.
- Cons:There is no reason to come in winter. its cold and its like a ghoste town.
- In a nutshell:Carei - a small town... but you shold come!!
1727-The Piarist Gymnasium starting its activities in town. 1754-The first printing house in the county is founded in... more travel advice
The town hall is a well known place for me (my aunt is working there so I been inside many times) and I really believe... more travel advice
edvin_br's Related Pages
Carei Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Carei
- Hotels in Carei
- Transportation in Carei
- Nightlife in Carei
- Restaurants in Carei
- Shopping in Carei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carei
- 31 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Carei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carei
Photos in CareiSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 87 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netanya Intro, 77 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 74 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Satu Mare Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carei Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos