Satu Mare Shopping Tips by edvin_br
Satu Mare Shopping: 3 reviews and 3 photos
The Somesul sotre is called after the cities river (Somes) and was built during the communist regime as a part of the "New City Center" project.
Today, after many refurbishment (that arent completed yet...) it got a new interior look.... every fllor offers a different kind of products.
What to buy: -FIrst floor sells perfumes, cosmetics and decorations. There is a also an electronic shop and an exchnage office at that floor.
-Second floor sells clothes.
-Third floor with sport gear.
-Fourth floor offers a wide range of furniture.
About the fifth floor im not sure... maybe its even closed.... but there is no escalator downward so you shouldnt get up there anyway.
What to pay: The prices are somewhat higher than in the market.... but the products are in better quality too. I found some really good deals a few timews in the sports department so you should check it... :)
Directions: New City Center
Theme: Department Store
A stand near the Dacia hotel
The small red stands can be found around the central streets of Satu Mare and they sell all the Romanian (and also some Hungarian) newspapers (including the national ones and the locals...) and magazines that can be found at the area.
What to buy: As I said before there are many kinds of newspapers and also a vareity of magazines in different subjects (sports, cars, porn, home refurbishment and more).
Directions: In the city Center
The market is a bit messy
The open market is one of the likeable shopping possibilities of the town. Despite all the noise and the crowdedness it can become a very interesting experience.
What to buy: In addition to the fruit and vegetables stands there is another part of bazzars which sells everything you can think about (watches, toys, cd's and more...). My favorite part is the very cool part of clothes and footwear, you can find amazing stuff in cheap prices, there are also some boutiques in the site of the market that sell the same products in 5% higher price.
What to pay: You can buy many stuff that cost about 3 times less then in shops at the center.
Directions: The market is located between Nicolae Golescu and Martirilor Deportati streets.
More Reviews (21)
edvin_br's Related Pages
Satu Mare Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Satu Mare
- Hotels in Satu Mare
- Transportation in Satu Mare
- Shopping in Satu Mare
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Satu Mare
- 24 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Satu Mare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Satu Mare
Photos in Satu MareSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 87 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netanya Intro, 77 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 74 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Satu Mare Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carei Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Satu Mare hotel reviews
- 1 Review & Opinion