"Timisoara - A City Of Five Stars" Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara by edvin_br
Timisoara Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 393 photos
Timisoara is located in western part of Romania that called Banat region. In this city there are Romanians, Hungarians, Serbians and more.
The city is one of the most cleanest and nicest in the country. It is one of the biggest too, popolution of almost 350,000 people and there are also a lot of students in the city. The city is full of parks and gardens... i saw a lot that were located in the way of gara de nord that is the cities main railway station (there is another 3) to the city center.
The city as a lot of atracctions like the Unirii square, the Liberty square and the Victory square. There are plenty of accomodation options for any kind of service... from 1 star to 4.
You can do in the city shopping too because there are pretty good shops especially in city Center.
Timisoara is famous about the Revulotion in 1989 that started in the city and you can see in the city some memorials to the victims. The ways to get to the city is or by car; a lot of International roads are getting to Timisoara, you can get also by train, the city has a pretty big and not the most clean and beautiful station in the region but there are a lot of trains that getting there, also International trains and also Nationals.in Timisoara not like other cities in romania there is almost no gypcies that can butter you. These are the basic things about Timisoara but there is a lot more.
Timisoara has an amazing Architecture. The city Center, especially the victory square as a lot of huge old building that remainds me of Vienna in some way. There is the Metropolin church, the Opera, some hotels and a lot of interesting buildings. there Square is also very big, with parks, fountains, shops and a lot of tourists. There is in Timisoara other kind of architecture too... like the pretty old buliding (but renovated) in Unirii square... there are also some new banks, hotels and office buildings that also look very good in the cities skyline.
Timisoara is a very big city and a very importent historic,economic, financial, cultural and scientific center. The region is one of the most devaloped in the country and has a lot to offer. There are a lot of investors in the area that invested already milions of dollars, there are also a lot of tourists in the region because of its beauty and great history.
- Pros:Timisoara is clean, nice and as all you can ask from a european city
- Cons:Timisoara has a pretty stincky train station.
- In a nutshell:Timisoara - the most European city in Romania...
Timisoara is the first city in Europe that introduced electric street lighting, it was on November 12th 1884. Its a very... more travel advice
I would show the University of Timisoara. I saw that once with my Dad that learned there when he was young. A very nice... more travel advice
edvin_br's Related Pages
Timisoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small gem"
- "Timisoara - A City Of Five Stars"
- "Booty Call"
- "Stinker and me in Timisoara - arrival day"
- "ALWAYS IN MY HEART"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Timisoara
- Hotels in Timisoara
- Transportation in Timisoara
- Nightlife in Timisoara
- Restaurants in Timisoara
- Shopping in Timisoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Timisoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Timisoara
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Timisoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timisoara
Photos in TimisoaraSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 87 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netanya Intro, 77 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 74 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Satu Mare Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carei Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Timisoara hotel reviews
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Savoy Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Victoria
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013
- Best Western Ambassador
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Reghina Blue
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Hotel Arizona
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2011
- Hotel Valentina
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 24, 2013
- Apart Hotel Iosefin Residence
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Timisoara Hotel
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Central Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013