"Ancient City Of Caesarea" Top 5 Page for this destination Caesarea by edvin_br
Caesarea Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 307 photos
Caesarea was established at the time of the Roman rule at the region, the small town was very prosperous and palace and entertainment facilities were built in it. Later the town lost its glory and became a small muslim town.
in 1101 crusaders took over the city turned over again the command at the area. Later at the history Caesarea was ruled by Louis the 9th and after it it was used by the Turks as a fishing village.
At the times of the Roman rule a huge aqueduct was built at Cesarea region, Remains of it can still be found at Hof Hakshatot (the Arches beach of Caesarea)
Today Caesarea is one of the most high prestige settlement in Israel (considered as a favorite town for politician), in addition to the old town there are many new villas, luxurious hotels and even Golf course.
- In a nutshell:One of the most preserved centers at the region
The museum located at one of Caesareas new neighborhoods (not at the area of the ancient town). The museum offers an... more travel advice
The Aqueduct in Caesarea is another brilliant piece of architecture that was built in the times of the Roman rule at the... more travel advice
edvin_br's Related Pages
Caesarea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caesarea of Herod the Great"
- "Ancient City Of Caesarea"
- "Ralli Museum"
- "we took a day off and went to caesarea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caesarea
- Hotels in Caesarea
- Transportation in Caesarea
- Nightlife in Caesarea
- Restaurants in Caesarea
- Shopping in Caesarea
- Warnings and Dangers in Caesarea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caesarea
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Caesarea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caesarea
Photos in CaesareaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 87 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netanya Intro, 77 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 74 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Satu Mare Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carei Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Caesarea hotel reviews
- Dan Hotels Caesaria
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013