"Zichron Ya'akov - The Most European Town In Isreal" Top 5 Page for this destination Zichron Yaakov by edvin_br
Zichron Yaakov Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 170 photos
Zichron Ya'akov situated at the county of Haifa, at the northern part of the country. The town located on a hills and surrounded by many mountains.
The first settlers in Zichron came from Romania at December 1882, many of them left because of financial difficulties and disease. A few years later the Baron Rothschild took over the town and started to invest in it and handed out lands for farmers. Since that time Zichron Ya'akov was a center of many agricultural activities, especially of wine. In addition, the local people had a big influence on the progressing of the WWI in the region.
One of Zichrons most famouas industries is the wine industry. The winery of the town is one of the oldest and the best in Israel.
Today there is even a pedestrain road (including many art galleries, bazzars and restaurants) in Zichron called "The Wine Road".
The town center of Zichron Ya'akov is very unique compared to other cities of Israel. The buildings are very elegant, built at the end of the 19th century. At the center you will notice the famous Wine Road, The monuments for the Baron Rothschild and the founders of the town and many restaurants, bazzars and Museums.
- Pros:Very pleasent and relaxing
- Cons:There are none...
- In a nutshell:Very European
The museum is situated at the old Centter of Zichron in one of the towns most impressive buildings. The museums presents... more travel advice
The Baron was one of the most famous (and also one of the most rich...) jews in Europe. At the end of the 19th century... more travel advice
edvin_br's Related Pages
Zichron Yaakov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zichron Ya'akov - Small Provance"
- "Zichron Ya'akov - The Most European Town In Isreal"
- "The Baron, the Pioneers and the Spies"
- "Zichron Ya'acov - Tourist's Can Enjoy Here Too!"
- "Zichron Yaakov - a small special town"
- "Ramat Hanadiv"
- "Zichron Ya'akov"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zichron Yaakov
- Hotels in Zichron Yaakov
- Restaurants in Zichron Yaakov
- Shopping in Zichron Yaakov
- Warnings and Dangers in Zichron Yaakov
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Salvador Hotels
- Isla de Toralla Hotels
- Lake Placid
- Cook Islands
- Ausable Chasm
- Malindi Hotels
- Praia da Rocha Hotels
- Narvacan Hotels
- Camp de Mediouna Hotels
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Shenandoah National Park
- Province of Ilocos Norte
Badges & Stats in Zichron Yaakov
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Zichron Yaakov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zichron Yaakov
Photos in Zichron YaakovSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 87 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netanya Intro, 77 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 74 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 24 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Satu Mare Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Carei Intro, 31 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Haifa Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos