Ko Samui Favorite Tips by jamiesamui Top 5 Page for this destination
Ko Samui Favorites: 74 reviews and 85 photos
Favorite thing: Changing money is no hassle on Koh Samui as I mentioned in my tourist trap tip.
This general tip is about the f/x rate to the Baht. I know people who while on holidays stress about the f/x rate dropping. I try & change money every couple of days, sometimes you win this way , sometimes you lose, I personally don`t worry about this.
This is how I rationalise it using $AUD to the THB. If the rate today is 27 THB to the AUD, tomorrow it`s 26.8, change $100AUD at those rates -2700THB- 2680THB.The difference is 20baht which is only a songtaew ride down the main road,even if the rate went from 27 to 26 x 100 it`s only 100 baht not worth stressing over
One of the larger serves
Favorite thing: If your a first time traveller to Samui or Thailand in general you have no doubt heard some great things about the thai cusine & you will find that most of it is true. the only negative I have found & it`s nothing major,is the sometime small servings of the dish you have ordered. I have found the easiest way around this (if your with a group)is to order a number of dishes with a plate of steamed rice & share the dishes amongst yourselves. However if your by yourself like I was last time you might find yourself eating several more times than you`re used too especially between lunch & dinner(I know I did)
Fondest memory: I just love the place so I miss every thing
More Reviews (45)
- See All Internet Banking Be aware of keyloggers
- See All The newest budget accommodation on...
- See All Exotic Thai Food
- See All Bangkok Air Departure Lounge
- See All Happy Hour Every Hour
- See All Fishermans Village Bophut
jamiesamui's Related Pages
Ko Samui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Koh Samui"
- "REVIVAL TOUR 2008-?"
- "Samui Sun"
- "Ko Samui - something for everyone"
- "Koh Samui"
- "AT THE BIG BUDDHA"
- "Koh Samui - Beautiful Island in South Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samui
- Hotels in Ko Samui
- Transportation in Ko Samui
- Nightlife in Ko Samui
- Restaurants in Ko Samui
- Shopping in Ko Samui
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samui
- 47 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 236 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ko Samui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samui
Photos in Ko SamuiSee All Photos (66)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cebu City Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udon Thani Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gold Coast Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Waterfalls- 25 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Angthong National Marine Park- 19 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Beaches- 37 Reviews, 75 Photos
- Wildlife & Nature- 16 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Grandfather & Grandmother Rocks- 21 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Big Buddha- 41 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Samui Aquarium & Tiger Zoo- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Thai Cooking Lessons- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Mummified Monk- 17 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Thai Boxing- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Ko Samui Things to Do