Ko Samui Favorite Tips by jamiesamui Top 5 Page for this destination

Ko Samui Favorites: 74 reviews and 85 photos

Thai Money - Ko Samui

Thai Money

Changing Money Currency Exchange Review

Favorite thing: Changing money is no hassle on Koh Samui as I mentioned in my tourist trap tip.
This general tip is about the f/x rate to the Baht. I know people who while on holidays stress about the f/x rate dropping. I try & change money every couple of days, sometimes you win this way , sometimes you lose, I personally don`t worry about this.
This is how I rationalise it using $AUD to the THB. If the rate today is 27 THB to the AUD, tomorrow it`s 26.8, change $100AUD at those rates -2700THB- 2680THB.The difference is 20baht which is only a songtaew ride down the main road,even if the rate went from 27 to 26 x 100 it`s only 100 baht not worth stressing over

• Written Sep 16, 2003
One of the larger serves - Ko Samui

One of the larger serves

Great Food

Favorite thing: If your a first time traveller to Samui or Thailand in general you have no doubt heard some great things about the thai cusine & you will find that most of it is true. the only negative I have found & it`s nothing major,is the sometime small servings of the dish you have ordered. I have found the easiest way around this (if your with a group)is to order a number of dishes with a plate of steamed rice & share the dishes amongst yourselves. However if your by yourself like I was last time you might find yourself eating several more times than you`re used too especially between lunch & dinner(I know I did)

Fondest memory: I just love the place so I miss every thing

• Updated May 17, 2003

jamiesamui Visits Here Frequently!

jamiesamui

“If life hands you a lemon ask for some tequila & salt”

Badges & Stats in Ko Samui

Have you been to Ko Samui?

Latest Activity in Ko Samui