Cebu City Restaurant Tips by jamiesamui
Cebu City Restaurants: 85 reviews and 201 photos
As the above title says I couldn`t believe the difference & improvements that now made up Yayoy`s
18 mnths earlier this was just your average slightly run down grill & resto bar.Everything about this place before was average.
A walk along the street on the way to a nearby restaurant bought a great surprise & a promise to return & see if it was as good as it looked from the outside.
Yayoys seats around 200 in both an indoor type setting & a garden setting(all undercover).
The ambience is really impressive,staff very willing to help,food very tasty both from the restaurant & grill,some nights there is live entertainment.
The cost here is quite good very reasonable.
After you have finished your meal some nights there is a live band as well as a couple of dart boards if that`s your game..
All round very impressive & every time i`m in Cebu City I will definetly be returning
Favorite Dish: The Tuna Belly was delicious but my absolute favourite was the Beef Pochero.Also I can recommend the Sizzling Gambos as well as the Pork Belly.
From an Australian point of view the beer is ice cold(see my favourites tip)
Address: T Orchid St Barangay Capitol
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: If travelling along Osmena Boulevard turn at Jovens Grill & it`s the 3rd street on the right.Then go about 70 metres along & it`s on the left
Spice Fusion is as it`s title says a mixture of several S/E Asian countries & some of their cullinary delights.
This restaurant offers you the opportunity to select meals from different places & also different meal types.
Spice Fusion offers both A/C indoor dining or as I did you can dine Alfresco & seats probably 100 combined.
The night I was there wasn`t packed but a good crowd was in attendence.Your order was taken promptly,drinks served within 5 mins of being ordered & food was delivered within 20 mins of being ordered which was 3 good size mains & a rice platter.Waiters always attentive & willing to attend to whatever it was you needed.
Spice Fusion is in my opinion fairly well priced for an upper class restaurant,3 mains & large fried rice platter 4 Bottles SML & 2 fruit shakes cost around 1300 PHP which for me is less than $35 AUD.
A good experience would definetly return.
NB:: Spice Fusion is now open in the new north wing of SM Mall
Favorite Dish: The Sweet & Sour Pork was nice.The BBQ Beef Satay also enjoyable as was the Shanghai fried rice.I particularily liked the size of the meals
Address: Banilad town centre, Talamban Road Talamban
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just ask the taxi to take you to Banilad town centre,Its in the middle about 50 mtres in on the right
More Reviews (14)
jamiesamui's Related Pages
Cebu City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Cebu City Homepage"
- "Cebu City"
- "lakwatza sa Cebu"
- "Want to have a piece of Philippine History?"
- "CeBu CiTy - QuEeN cItY oF tHe SoUtH"
- "The Hippest Place."
- "Cebu City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cebu City
- Hotels in Cebu City
- Transportation in Cebu City
- Nightlife in Cebu City
- Restaurants in Cebu City
- Shopping in Cebu City
- Warnings and Dangers in Cebu City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cebu City
- 16 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cebu City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cebu City
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cebu City Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udon Thani Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gold Coast Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Basilica Del Santo Nino- 20 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Island Hopping- 11 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Taoist Temple- 10 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Sky Experience Adventure- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Lapu Lapu Monument- 12 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Magellan's Cross- 21 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Fort San Pedro- 10 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Colon Street- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Kawasan Falls- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Zoomers Indoor Black Light Miniature Golf- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Cebu City Things to Do