" UNMATCHED PUNTA DEL ESTE " Top 5 Page for this destination Punta del Este by Frisbeeace
Punta del Este Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 230 photos
A peninsula dividing the atlantic sea in two sides: the "brava" (brave) and the "mansa" (the quiet one). Miles of wide sandy beaches. Lush pine forests. Beautiful mansions, residences and condos on the beach. The most gorgeous girls in the world (no kidding). Party all night. Great restaurants and hotels. Money. Luxury cars and yachts. Celebrities and glamour. However, PDE is not as stuffy and unreachable like other similar places are in Europe. PDE is still also relaxed and bohemian. So, by al means, this is the "coolest" summer vacation spot in the southern hemisphere.
Punta del Este is crowded in January and a bit less in February. The peak season lasts only two months. Most of the wealthy tourists who can afford to vacation here are Argentinians and the rest are locals and Brazilians (yes, some of them prefer to vacation here instead of staying at their famous beaches).
It all starts with a ferry trip from Buenos Aires to either Colonia or Montevideo and then a short drive to this paradise on the east.
All beaches are public and directly accesible. The "brava" side is widely preferred by younger people over the "mansa".
The nicest areas are "Rincon del Indio", "La Barra" and "Jose Ignacio". Check my tips for details.
- Pros:Unspoiled and fun
- Cons:Brief high season
- In a nutshell:The perfert retreat for you, northern hemisphere's inhabitant
The best beach in my opinion is the Brava in Jose Ignacio, located about 35 kms east of PDE and a short drive from La... more travel advice
La Barra is a picturesque area, located 15 kms. from PDE, with a more charming and sophisticated atmosphere. This is the... more travel advice
Frisbeeace's Related Pages
Punta del Este Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " UNMATCHED PUNTA DEL ESTE "
- "Casa Pueblo"
- "Welcome to Shakermaker's Punta Del Este Page"
- "Punta Del Este"
- "Beautiful Punta"
- "Punta del Este"
- "A Visit To Punta Del Este"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta del Este
- Hotels in Punta del Este
- Transportation in Punta del Este
- Nightlife in Punta del Este
- Restaurants in Punta del Este
- Shopping in Punta del Este
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta del Este
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta del Este
- 19 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Punta del Este?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta del Este
Photos in Punta del EsteSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 49 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
- Madrid Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 37 reviews, 35 photos
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Curaçao Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Punta del Este Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tangier Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Orlando Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.