"Leverkusen - more than an industrial city" Leverkusen by claus9000
Leverkusen Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Leverkusen is known for its industry, world chemical and pharmaceutical giant Bayer (remember, the producer of your Aspirine tablet), for soccer, the team of Bayer 04 Leverkusen, and the winner of the Volvo Ocean Race Round the World Sailing Competition 2001/2002, the team "Illbruck". But Leverkusen also has to offer a lot of green landscape and forests.
Well worth visiting is the Japanese Garden, built and maintained by Bayer and located on its land. All year round you get a feeling of Japan here. The Garden is already old and was created by one of the founders of Bayer. The garden itself does not have a coffee shop, but it is nice to go there and to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and of Cologne.
claus9000's Related Pages
Leverkusen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Leverkusen, Bayer-town"
- "smartiesam's new Leverkusen page"
- "LeverkusenA new word in the German encyclopedia..."
- "Leverkusen - more than an industrial city"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Leverkusen
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Leverkusen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leverkusen
Top 5 Pages
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Moscow Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Somerset West Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cape Town 1 review, 1 photo