"Brunssum, a city of the world" Brunssum by Imaniac
Brunssum Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 31 photos
Brunssum isn't a big city. Actually it is a quiet town. But there are numerous things to do.
The main reason why people come to Brunssum are the nature parks. There isn't a lot of nature left in Holland, and Brunssum is one of the lucky few towns that does have some. There is a nature reserve called "De Brunssummer Heide" where you can go for a nice walk or visit the sheep farm. And in the winter you can even go skiing there. If it snows that is.
There is one big event in Brunssum that takes place every 4 years. It is simply called the "Parade". Ethnic groups from all over the globe come here and take part in a big parade. They dress in there authentic clothing and dance the ritual dances like there ancestors used to do. Believe me it's really worth the visit. And over the years the event has grown into a one week festival with exhibitions, theatre and music.
- In a nutshell:Not the biggest city in the world, but once every 4 years it does feel like it.
Every 4 years there is a major cultural event in Brunssum called "De Parade" Ethnic groups from around the globe come to... more travel advice
This restaurant is owned by Canadians. So if you're Canadian or American you'll enjoy yourself here. They serve... more travel advice
Imaniac's Related Pages
Brunssum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brunssum, a city of the world"
- "About Brunssum"
- "Brunssum Limburg Netherlands"
- "In the Netherlands"
- "Folkloristic parade at Brunssum"
- "The local war cemetery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brunssum
- Hotels in Brunssum
- Transportation in Brunssum
- Nightlife in Brunssum
- Restaurants in Brunssum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brunssum
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Brunssum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brunssum
Photos in BrunssumSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 85 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos