"Back to the 80's - The 1880's" Zaanse Schans by Imaniac
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 640 photos
As part of my trip though The Netherlands I went to De Zaanse Schans to to "discover my roots". The 2 days before I went there I went to a VT meeting, and I actually got 2 VT members to come with me: Mique & Europebn.
I'm so glad we went, because it was a very fun day. I loved getting back to the old Holland, with the cheese and the clogs and the windmills. I do highly recommend this to everyone, Dutch and foreign.
Dila & El_Holandes organised a meeting in Amsterdam in teh weekend of the 13th of March. I couldn't make it for saturday, but I was there on sunday. We went to the Zaanse Schans first. That's like an open air museum where you can visit some windmills and old Dutch professions. After that we had dinnner in Amsterdam. It really was a great day.
People that attended were:
Diamonddog, Dila, El_Holandes, Irisbe, Isgevry, Isolina_it (and her boyfriend), Matim (and her husband), Peter_P, Tompt (both Tom and Gonnie) and Yumyum.
De Kraai is one of the very few restaurants in The Zaanse Schans. It's a pancake restaurant, but you can also get some... more travel advice
In the Zaanse Schans you can visit the very first ever Albert Heijn. Albert Heijn is a big supermarket chain in the... more travel advice
Imaniac's Related Pages
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zaanse Schans"
- "It doesn't get any more dutch than this"
- ""A MUST SEE NEAR AMSTERDAM""
- "What a place for a VT meeting !!"
- "ZAANSE SCHANS"
- "Open air museum the Zaanse Schans"
- "Back to the 80's - The 1880's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaanse Schans
- Transportation in Zaanse Schans
- Restaurants in Zaanse Schans
- Shopping in Zaanse Schans
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaanse Schans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaanse Schans
- 10 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Zaanse Schans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaanse Schans
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maastricht Intro, 85 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Brussels Intro, 25 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aachen Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos