"Picture Perfect" Imaniac's Profile

ME

NOOO that's not me in the picture. But that's a picture I took. What I CAN say about myself I will try to fit in to this paragraph.

As you can see from my date of birth I am 29 years old. At least this year I am. I've studied International Communication in Maastricht. Nowadays I work as an English teacher in Ningbo, China.

In the next couple of chapters I will tell you a little bit about my passions: Music, Traveling, Photography and yes even VT. I will not bother with giving you mindless information like my shoezise or my weight, I don't think anybody would be interested.

My 2011

In April I spent two weeks roaming through Indonesia. I spent one week in Bali and one week in Java. I saw many amazing sights there such as Ubud, Borobudur and Jakarta.

In June I went to visit some friends in London for a couple of days.

And finally in July I made my big move to China. I currently live in Ningbo, just south of Shanghai.

TRAVELS

Since I joined VT I have visited more places than ever before. Amongst others: New York, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Copenhagen, Berlin, Brussels, Barcelona, Seville, Malta, Lisbon, Niagara Falls, Cologne, Antwerp, Bratislava, Prague, Rome, Milan and Vienna.

And this year I took my first steps into exploring Asia. I spent two weeks on Bali and Java. And I am currently living in China.

Still high on my to do list are Morocco, Russia, Peru, Sweden, India and the list goes on and on and on.

MUSIC

Music was my first love, and music is my last. Well yes, actually I do love music. I'm a great fan of all kinds of music, whether it's rock, pop, dance, jazz, rap, metal, soul or swing. I used to work for a record store. This makes music more than just a hobby for me.

I try to go to a lot of concerts and festivals. My biggest concerts were Prince, Aerosmith, Kylie Minogue, Eminem and Michael Jackson. But I've also seen Lenny Kravitz, Metallica, Macy Gray, Bob Dylan, No Doubt, Solomon Burke, The Cure, The Pixies, Muse, Chemical Brothers, PJ Harvey, Cypress Hill, Smashing Pumpkins, Faithless, Heather Nova, Rammstein, Lauryn Hill and many many more.

I once even travelled to Copenhagen to see Björk. And I've been to Belgian and French festivals as a journalist for a British website. This all adds up to a life with many musical highlights.

VT

I joined VT on March 5 2003 after looking for information on Copenhagen. I got hooked to VT chat almost immediately, where I met many great characters like Waalewiener, Nighthawk, Carnation, Cmthomas and Igraine. But my first VT friend was dear old Syllou.

A few months later I attended my first meeting - a meeting that I myself organised. And that got me hooked on VT meetings. Read all about them in my Personal Albums. And after the meetings I also decided to create some tips. This got me a place in the top 250 and 10 top 5 rankings. But I haven't made any new tips for over a couple of years now.

PHOTOGRAPHY

As you may have noticed on this page, I love photography. I started young, at the age of 9. But it wasn't until last year that I really got into it. All of these pics were taken by me in the last year. And more to come.

As I said earlier I sometimes work as photographer for websites such as KindaMuzik and VirtualFestivals. I don't get paid for my pictures, but I do get to see great bands up close and for free.

VT FRIENDS - A TRIBUTE

SUET - WAALEWIENER & LORIPORI - SABSI - SYLLOU - IGRAINE - NIGHTHAWK - JENNIFERCHIN - SMILLA76 - J_LAURENT - IVER - CMTHOMAS - TROPICGIRL77 - PIETER_JAN_V - CARNATION - CHRISPUK - KETI_ANGEL - EXPLORA - QUERO - JTO - ANN75 - TEQUILA - WILEY_COYOTE - ROAMER61 - FREDW - ATYPIC - BEETLEBUMMER - EUROPEBN -JINWENWANG - KINYA - HEMG59 - DILA - IRISBE & DIAMONDDOG - TASMANIA - TORANAGA-SAMA - SPECTOR - SOOZAY - SOILI - SINJOOR - MARTIN_NL - PURRESSENCE - PETER_P - NIXTER01 - MIQUE - MATIM - MAHIEU - LA_HOLANDESA - LA_BEBA - KRISTINA1701 - KRISTII - NATHALIE_B - NATHALIE31 & LALKENS - GKITZMIL - DIFFERENT - CDNJANE - BRINKER - AYERS_ROCK_WHERE - BERNISHAND - BGJULIETA - BLACK_I_PURL - NORALI - MVANN4 - QUIGONNJIN - LSGEVRY - LAMENTFORICARUS - CAT_Y88 - PARROTHEAD2 - 609DORIS - AARON7 - ANNAWB - ALAIN_SMEETS - B_CARO - BENIDORMONE - BONIUNIA - CACHASEIRO - CADZAND - CATNL - CESWHO - VIRTUALPATRICK - CJG1 - CRTNSHDOFGRN - DEVLIN149 - DUTCHSAN - EDEN_TEULING - HELGA67 - HORSCHECK - HUNDERTMORGEN - ISOLINA_IT - MASTER-D - NIGHTHAWK2 - RHINEROLL - TOMPT - TRIXI2004 - YUMYUM - ELPIERRO - IVO_SINGER - JO104 - SACHARA - CO48 - JASEN71 - DHINA - XOWE - JUSTINJANSEN - DANITSJA_NL - VONDUTCH and many more

• Intro Updated Aug 4, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!