"Port McNeill" Port McNeill by nebulaflash
Port McNeill Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Port McNeill was named after "Captain William Henry McNeill of the Hudson Bay Company's SS Beaver, the first steamship on the Pacific Northwest Coast" claims the town website: www.town.portmcneill.bc.ca.
The population is between two and three thousand.
The town is located two hours north of Campbell River via Highway 19, on the Northeast coast of Vancouver Island.
This is where the highway ends on Vancouver Island. It is a place to visit for kayakers, bird watchers, cyclists and hikers. Its population is about 5,000.
Half way between Port Hardy and Port McNeill is the highway to a pretty little village called Port Alice. Even the drive is winding and scenic as though we are being led back to a simpler time.
- Pros:a friendly town
- Cons:fair bit of rain, and cooler than in the south
- In a nutshell:trees and ocean: emeralds and sapphire
visit a fabulous testimony to the resilient spirit of the Kwakwakawakwh people who have fought so hard to maintain their... more travel advice
Here you can stay in a room or the basement suite which has a kitchenette, sitting area and double bed - and of course a... more travel advice
nebulaflash's Related Pages
Port McNeill Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Port McNeill
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Port McNeill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port McNeill
Photos in Port McNeillSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Abbotsford 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Port McNeill Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marlow Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Oliver Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Stellenbosch Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Oregon Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Agassiz Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Northampton Intro, 1 review, 4 photos