"Garden Route" Grahamstown by nebulaflash
Grahamstown Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 27 photos
This area is one of the greener - with lush forest and clear blue waters fronting the Outeniqua, Tsitsikamma and Langkloof mountain ranges. Even though we travelled here in the winter the sun was warm and and the sky bright.
Because of the beauty of the area there are some wonderful places to stay, including the Phantom Forest Resort which is a collection of tree houses on the side of the mountain. This place is luxurious and beautiful and you can watch the baboons play in the trees while you sit in your bathtub. Yes that's right. The chalets are designed so that other people won't be able to see you in your birthday suit, but the wildlife will , if they care to look through the wall high windows.
Among the many scenic trails in the park is the beautiful wild trail to Storms River Mouth where you can walk over the suspension bridge and view the waves clashing against the rocks. There is a also picnic ground where you can have lunch before or after your walk to the river mouth.
Be sure to wear good walking shoes as the trail takes you up and down through the forest on rock and boardwalk.
- Pros:Green and pristine
- In a nutshell:a bit of paradise preserved
nebulaflash's Related Pages
Grahamstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grahamstown - City of Saints"
- "The university city Grahamstown"
- "National Arts Festival"
- "City of Saints Grahamstown"
- "The Best place to do your UnderGrad studies!!!!!!"
- "purple rain"
- "Garden Route"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grahamstown
- Hotels in Grahamstown
- Nightlife in Grahamstown
- Restaurants in Grahamstown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grahamstown
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Grahamstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grahamstown
Top 10 Pages
- Abbotsford Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Port McNeill Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marlow Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Oliver Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Stellenbosch Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Oregon Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Agassiz Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Province of KwaZulu-Natal Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Northampton Intro, 1 review, 4 photos