"Saipan Dream" Top 5 Page for this destination Saipan by city_guy
Saipan Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 299 photos
Saipan is the principal island of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. A chain of 15 tropical islands, the U.S. Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) is the newest member of the American political family and the closest American flag associated area to Asia.
The Marianas are comprised of fifteen volcanic islands that run in a generally north-south direction from 20o32'N 144o54'E to 13o15'N 144o43'E.
Saipan is located about 1,200 miles from Tokyo, 1,500 mile from Manila, and over 3,200 miles from Pearl Harbor. The island has two main seasons, a dry season from November to March, and a wet season from April to October. During the dry season the winds are usually from the north and east and by August the winds have changed direction and are from the southwest. Cloud cover is abnormally high with the island being obscure roughly 70% of the time. The climate is generally mild with the yearly temperature ranging from 72o F to 85o F.
During the wet season, August being the wettest month, showers may last for only a few minutes to over 2 hours. During the wet season around 85 inches of precipitation usually falls on the island.
Airlines: Continental Airlines
Japan Airlines, Northwest Airlines
Aseana Airlines, Korean Airlines
Area code: (Telephone) 670
Land Area: 48 square miles
Automobiles: Left side steer
Clothing: Light weight
Cost of Living: High
Currency: US Dollar
Fishing season: Year round
Flame Tree month: June
Health: No tropical diseases
Hotel Rooms: (Approx) 3,000+ rooms
Languages: Local Chamorro, English, Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Postal Service: U.S.Rates
Postal Zip Code: 96950
What? The hair? Yeah, just a reminder that this was back in 1991 when we were young :)
Staying at the Saipan Grand Hotel, this was taken at the hotel's beach. Notice the WW2 tank in the left portion of the picture.
- Pros:Beautiful everything
They have great banks there with wonderful service when you're out of money :) the beach..... ahhh.....what a life. more travel advice
Just watch the islanders and that's all they do all day. Hang loose! ☺ more travel advice
city_guy's Related Pages
Saipan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAIPAN - a Paradise Island"
- "Life on the quiet paradise of CNMI"
- "Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands"
- "Saipan Dream"
- "Saipan: Welcome Japanese Money"
- "Saipan - Northern Mariana Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saipan
- Hotels in Saipan
- Transportation in Saipan
- Restaurants in Saipan
- Shopping in Saipan
- Warnings and Dangers in Saipan
- See All...
Popular in Northern Mariana Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saipan
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Saipan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saipan
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 79 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sunset Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Penang Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Junior Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- State of Sarawak Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos