"Sepang F1 Race Track" Sepang by city_guy
Sepang Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 61 photos
Sepang F1 Race Circuit, usually the 2nd or 3rd round in the World Formula 1 Championship.
If you have not been to one, then it's time you did. It's a MUST at least once in a life time to see all the formula one greats dominate this race (hint, hint..red..nudge)
The circuit is the only circuit in the world to have a double frontage grandstand that can accommodate 30,000 spectators, which will allowed them to watch the race down two straights.
At the tip of the grand stand is the three-storey canopy tower where its unique design enables fans to watch 80 to 90 percent of the race. Or in other word, the Sepang F1 Circuit is a spectator-friendly that anywhere you sit, you can watch at least 30-40 percent of a race.
The 5.542km-long track, built at a cost of RM30 million and started in September 1997 and was completed in a record of 14 months, also provides plenty of opportunities for high-speed overtaking with its width of 16 metres. The Sepang F1 Circuit is also equipped with the state of the art electronic systems including on-line, real-time tracking system for the racecars.
It is also the world’s first track to install the electronic Marshall post. Instead of coloured flags, the posts will flash coloured signals to inform riders of what’s happening on the track. The track features 15 turns and eight straight, and at least five areas where the racers can overtake, which will provide enough thrills for both racers and spectators.
The Sepang F1 Circuit caters for more than just the F1 and GP racing. Tracks for motorcross, big wheel and 4X4 driving and go-kart racing are also available.
- Pros:One of the best F1 tracks in the world & KLIA
- Cons:Hot, far and thirsty.....
- In a nutshell:Only when you're leaving the country or going to see the F1
Well, this is a typical type Malaysian-Styled Provision (Grocer) Shop found in many parts of the country. Ther are... more travel advice
city_guy's Related Pages
Sepang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SEPANG CIRCUIT"
- "F1 Circuit"
- "Sepang F1 Race Track"
- "Sepang Formula 1 2003 - Grandstand view...!"
- "Yuri and the last day of Johnny Herbert, F1 fever!"
- "The world's hottest race!"
- "Sepang F1 circuit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sepang
- Hotels in Sepang
- Transportation in Sepang
- Nightlife in Sepang
- Shopping in Sepang
- Warnings and Dangers in Sepang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sepang
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sepang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sepang
Photos in SepangSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 79 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sunset Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Penang Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Junior Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- State of Sarawak Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos