"Klang - A sleepy laid back town" Klang by city_guy
Klang Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Today, while Kuala Lumpur has become the country's capital, Klang remains home to Port Klang (formerly known as Port Swettenham). The success of the two has also spilled over to other parts of the country, notably the neighbouring cities of Petaling Jaya and Shah Alam, which are some 40 kilometres apart.
This former state capital of Selangor is built near the estuary of the Klang River. Tourist attractions here include the majestic Istana Alarn Shah (Alam Shah Palace) and state museum. Port Klang, which is 8 km from Klang town centre, is the largest port in Malaysia and one of the busiest ports in the world.
city_guy's Related Pages
Klang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Klang (Kelang) - Famous for Bak Kut Teh"
- "Port Klang - easy to fill in a day"
- "Royal Town of Selangor (& main Port of Malaysia)"
- "Klang - A sleepy laid back town"
- "Star Cruise"
- "- Klang -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klang
- Hotels in Klang
- Transportation in Klang
- Restaurants in Klang
- Shopping in Klang
- Warnings and Dangers in Klang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klang
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Klang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klang
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 79 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sunset Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Penang Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Junior Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petaling Jaya Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- State of Sarawak Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos