"The Mighty Waikato" Top 5 Page for this destination Waikato by shelnlin
Waikato Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 1,239 photos
Lush and green and filled with many farms and hills, the Waikato region is a place not miss when coming to New Zealand and made famous by the Lord of the Rings, this is the home of MotherEarth.
Hamilton, the Waikato's largest city was where I was born and grew up for the first nine years of my life. It has only been recently that I have returned back here again and alot has changed.
This region is popular with tourists who can only afford to spend a short time in New Zealand as it is approximately 90 minutes from Auckland. People can come and visit the caves at Waitomo (Why to mo), go rock climbing or take a Balloon ride. Many a visitor has stopped overnight in Farmstay where they get to experience life on a farm "Kiwi" style. Please come and join me as I show you around the Mighty Waikato region.
Sky City Casino Hamilton is a little bit different to the one in Auckland. Firstly there is no tower where you can get a... more travel advice
Tirau was once upon a time a little town that you drove through on the way to Hamilton or Rotorua or whichever way you... more travel advice
shelnlin's Related Pages
Waikato Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waikato Region, where I live."
- "The Mighty Waikato"
- "A few days in the Waikato"
- "Waikato Region"
- "TIRAU - Home of CORRUGATED IRON CUT-OUTS"
- "Waikato - North Island's Farming Region"
- "Waikato, New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waikato
- Hotels in Waikato
- Transportation in Waikato
- Nightlife in Waikato
- Restaurants in Waikato
- Shopping in Waikato
- Warnings and Dangers in Waikato
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waikato
- 15 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Waikato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waikato
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waikato Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Khubar Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue