"Pattaya... a happy little place" Pattaya by shelnlin
Pattaya Travel Guide: 939 reviews and 2,343 photos
Well I am sometimes seen as a Top 5 writer in here and sometimes I get knocked off... I will let you be the judge of my pages but nevertheless, HAPPY READING. I enjoyed writing about this place and could add a few more pages to it but unfortunately I have little else to say as I have not been to Pattaya for awhile now.
Pattaya is most probably one of the most popular resorts in Thailand. About 140kms south of Bangkok, this city is home to many Beer bars, Open air beers and lots of nightlife entertainment. There are many hotels, guest houses and hostels to choose from that you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to accomodation.
It is very quiet during the day with not much activity, the bars are open but things really don't start to move until after dark and this is when all the action takes place.
Pattaya has a variety of different shopping malls, indoor and outdoor markets. They also have a large selection of tailors who will be happy to make you a suit or dress and have a variety of beautiful fabrics to choose from.
The food here is devine and although I did get sick while I was here, I generally found the food to be very good and extremely tasty. The Thai's have some of the nicest dishes that I have ever tried and it is generally very fresh and well presented.
To get away from the hussle and bussle of this little place for the day, take a boat trip over to one of the nearby Islands for the day. Here you can relax on the beach with beautiful blue green sea, have a lovely lunch and basically 'blob' out for the day.
Another good idea is to go down to Jometein Beach and have a look there, there is the beach and it is another place to do your shopping and see the Nightlife.
Pattaya is a place for the boys. If you want to find girls coming up to you and treating you as if you are a God, this could be the place for you. In saying that it is great place for the ladies too as you can shop to your hearts content and have fun bargaining for whatever takes your fancy. There is so much in the way of 'copied' stuff in Thailand that you may find yourself taking home a few Gucci watches or Louis Vuttion bags!
- Pros:The people, the shopping, the food, the beaches,
- Cons:Motorbikes everywhere, Prosituition,
- In a nutshell:A great little lively city with loads of entertainment and lovely hospitality
Walking Street is a Street in Pattaya which is great for just about anything. Souvenirs, Suits and soups can all be... more travel advice
One of the nicest things I enjoy doing whenever I am in Thailand is to have a nice massage. There are so many scattered... more travel advice
- Not really an ideal place for the ladies
- Intown is In town...
- Not really a custom but it is...
- You want Gucci Polo, Burberry, we got it...
shelnlin's Related Pages
Pattaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pattaya is paradise"
- "Thailands biggest beach-ressort"
- " From Dusk Till Dawn"
- "P A T T A Y A ~ ~ ~ T H A I L A N D"
- "City Beach of The East"
- "In Love with Pattaya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pattaya
- Hotels in Pattaya
- Transportation in Pattaya
- Nightlife in Pattaya
- Restaurants in Pattaya
- Shopping in Pattaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Pattaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pattaya
- 14 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pattaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pattaya
Photos in PattayaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waikato Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 18 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Al Khubar Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue