"Pattaya... a happy little place" Pattaya by shelnlin

Pattaya Travel Guide: 949 reviews and 2,366 photos

Pattaya... through my eyes.

Well I am sometimes seen as a Top 5 writer in here and sometimes I get knocked off... I will let you be the judge of my pages but nevertheless, HAPPY READING. I enjoyed writing about this place and could add a few more pages to it but unfortunately I have little else to say as I have not been to Pattaya for awhile now.
Enjoy!

Pattaya is most probably one of the most popular resorts in Thailand. About 140kms south of Bangkok, this city is home to many Beer bars, Open air beers and lots of nightlife entertainment. There are many hotels, guest houses and hostels to choose from that you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to accomodation.

It is very quiet during the day with not much activity, the bars are open but things really don't start to move until after dark and this is when all the action takes place.

Pattaya has a variety of different shopping malls, indoor and outdoor markets. They also have a large selection of tailors who will be happy to make you a suit or dress and have a variety of beautiful fabrics to choose from.

The food here is devine and although I did get sick while I was here, I generally found the food to be very good and extremely tasty. The Thai's have some of the nicest dishes that I have ever tried and it is generally very fresh and well presented.

To get away from the hussle and bussle of this little place for the day, take a boat trip over to one of the nearby Islands for the day. Here you can relax on the beach with beautiful blue green sea, have a lovely lunch and basically 'blob' out for the day.

Another good idea is to go down to Jometein Beach and have a look there, there is the beach and it is another place to do your shopping and see the Nightlife.

Pattaya is a place for the boys. If you want to find girls coming up to you and treating you as if you are a God, this could be the place for you. In saying that it is great place for the ladies too as you can shop to your hearts content and have fun bargaining for whatever takes your fancy. There is so much in the way of 'copied' stuff in Thailand that you may find yourself taking home a few Gucci watches or Louis Vuttion bags!

• Pros:The people, the shopping, the food, the beaches,
  • Cons:Motorbikes everywhere, Prosituition,
  • In a nutshell:A great little lively city with loads of entertainment and lovely hospitality
  • Last visit to Pattaya: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2007

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 12:00 PM

stunning period photo you had taken. ;-)

• Apr 7, 2008 at 1:20 PM

I found this book in Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop on Soi Chaiyapoon, Pattaya, they had so many Pattaya/Thailand books the most I have seen in any bookshop, they also do an exchange deal on any books. I saw thier website www.canterburytalescafe.com

• Tijavi's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2008 at 3:12 AM

Appreciate your candid insights into Pattaya's offerings. The hotel review is also very helpful. Top 5 wishes for your Pattaya page!

• 2me's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 2:16 AM

Congratulations Shelly for the award (Top5) :D, I hope your other pages will get to follow soon.

• Jun 7, 2006 at 5:40 PM

Great write-up. It's a pity that I was only in Pattaya for one night. The night scene is exciting with lots of pubs and bars. I agree to your write-up on the plights of the girls. Great job!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 5:23 PM

great tips!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Ahh Pattaya! Haven't been since '75 but remember it well! Good tips, esp about the girls. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2004 at 11:47 AM

Very interesting view of Pattaya :) thanks for sharing :)

• Oct 3, 2004 at 1:01 AM

Very helpful page on Pattaya. Some great tips here. Thanks for sharing. -N-

• Sep 24, 2004 at 10:46 PM

I also experience the same photo frame scam. Luckily my photo clicked by this people was good even better than my camera. no choice you are right i purchased that in 100 baht. Looking beauty queen .

shelnlin

“"A traveller without observation is a bird without wings"- Moslih Eddin Saadi”

Badges & Stats in Pattaya

Have you been to Pattaya?

Latest Activity in Pattaya