"San Miguel de Allende, Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende by searcey
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 285 photos
The jardin (town square) is a lively place day and night. People go to sit, read, enjoy the sun and to people watch. Children play and people actually talk to strangers. I met a wonderful lady who had been a teacher in San Miguel for many years while just sitting on a bench. I learned a lot about life as it was and as it still is in San Miguel. After being in the town for a few days, you start seeing people you recognize and maybe have talked to in restaurants or around the jardin. People are very friendly and want to know about you.
Across from the jardin is the Parroquia (church) that is truly a magnificant structure. At night when the lights are on, it seems magical.
On Christmas eve my daughter, her boyfriend and I went down to the Jardin to participate in the Christmas Posada. People were carrying candles and singing while strolling around several blocks following a pickup truck with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and the Angle on a float. After the prosession people gathered in front of the Parroquia and continued to sing songs. Later they had pinata's for the children to hit. It was a very warm feeling to be among strangers on Christmas Eve and feel such love and family unity.
- Cons:Did not find anything bad about San Miguel
Outside of San Miguel on the road to Dolores Hidalgo is the town of Atotonilco. The World Monuments Fund named this... more travel advice
The restaurant/lounge is bright, contemporary and inviting. Owner/designer/chef Luis Maubecín provides a guilt free... more travel advice
searcey's Related Pages
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Allende"
- "My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!"
- "Another Side of Mexico"
- "San Miguel de Allende, Mexico"
- "Special Lil' Place"
- "Travel Notes from San Miguel de Allende"
- "SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, MEXICO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Allende
- Hotels in San Miguel de Allende
- Transportation in San Miguel de Allende
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Allende
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Allende
- Shopping in San Miguel de Allende
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Allende
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Allende
- 7 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San Miguel de Allende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Allende
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Mexico 1 review
- New York City Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.