"Cacti and Cappuccinos" Oaxaca de Juárez by Marie-France
Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Guide: 373 reviews and 1,047 photos
Oaxaca is a colonial town located in the mountains about 6 hours by bus to the southeast of Mexico City. Its elevation (1778 m) gives it a dry climate with warm afternoons and cool evenings/mornings.
It's a sizeable city (300 000 inhabitants) and you can wander around on foot to your heart's content, admiring the colonial buildings, markets, and colourful walls and flowers.
I spent a week in Oaxaca and surrounding villages and archeological sites. I did not see a single drop of rain, and very few clouds. I'll be building this page over the next few days...
MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK. I HAVE MUCH MORE TO ADD!!
- Pros:Great climate, good food, and plenty to see and do
- Cons:Too much traffic especially at rush hour
- In a nutshell:I might be back here!
If you're with a group you'll be able to get a demonstration of the process here. Very interesting. The special clay is... more travel advice
I went to El Naranjo after reading that it specializes in Oaxaquena cuisine, and in particular "moles" which are sauces... more travel advice
Marie-France's Related Pages
Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Oaxaca"
- "Colonial City of Oaxaca"
- "Oaxaca de Juárez"
- "Oaxaca and Monte Alban"
- "Cacti and Cappuccinos"
- "City of endless stories and sights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Hotels in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Transportation in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Nightlife in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Restaurants in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Shopping in Oaxaca de Juárez
- Warnings and Dangers in Oaxaca de Juárez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oaxaca de Juárez
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Oaxaca de Juárez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oaxaca de Juárez
- updated a Oaxaca de Juárez Travel Page "Cacti and Cappuccinos"
- Posted in Travel Antarctica Forum "Re: Packing Question..."
- Commented on one of leffe3's Oaxaca de Juárez travel pages
- Wrote a Review Black Pottery in San Bartolo Coyotepec in Oaxaca de Juárez Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Black Pottery in San Bartolo Coyotepec"
Photos in Oaxaca de JuárezSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan del Sur Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Toronto Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue