"A good place to chill out for a few days" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido by Marie-France
Puerto Escondido Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 164 photos
In Puerto Escondido you can take your pick of beaches: little bays with calm waters for swimming like Playas Manzanillo and Carrizalillo, or even Playa Principal (if you don't mind the crowds and the boats). Or long and wide windswept beaches with pounding waves for surfers, like Playa Zicatela.
The climate is tropical (hot and humid), so you ought to keep yourself near the ocean or the pool, or risk melting into your sandals! And this is especially true at mid-day.
PE is a laid back town where Mexicans vacation with their family and fishermen still go out fishing in the morning (and give boat tours to tourists in the afternoon).
It's not Cancun, but it's definitely not undiscovered! Fortunately prices are still at Mexican (not international) levels, and that means you can rent a beach chair for $2 for the whole day.
There is a good selection of restaurants and many shops selling handicrafts and beach wear on the main (tourist) drag: Perez Gasga. Some visitors spend several weeks here, so they may need to build a wardrobe I guess... bikinis, sarongs, sundresses... :-)
Playa Zicatela is a world renown surfers beach, and swimming is not recommended. Watch the waves for a little while and you will understand why. Since it faces west it offers beautiful sunsets.
Like Playa Principal, the main street runs along it with its contingent of hotels, restaurants and shops, although here the shops are geared more toward the surfer's need rather than the casual swimmer. You can walk for kilometers along this beach!
I WILL ADD SOME TIPS SOON. DO COME BACK!
Playa Zicatela, the surfer's beach, faces west, so you can go and watch the sunset. Half an hour or so before sunset,... more travel advice
Hotel Nayar is just a few minutes from the beach, and has a view to the beach from some of the rooms and the... more travel advice
Marie-France's Related Pages
Puerto Escondido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Escondido, a surfers paradise."
- "The perfect chillout place."
- "A good place to chill out for a few days"
- "Puerto Escondido - Surfers Paradise"
- "surfers, yes. single, no."
- "Puerto Escondido"
- "Hammok Heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Escondido
- Hotels in Puerto Escondido
- Transportation in Puerto Escondido
- Nightlife in Puerto Escondido
- Restaurants in Puerto Escondido
- Shopping in Puerto Escondido
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Escondido
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Escondido
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Puerto Escondido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Escondido
Photos in Puerto EscondidoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Antarctica Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uruguay Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan del Sur Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Toronto Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue