"Anything other than love is devoured by love(Rumi)" Top 5 Page for this destination Konya by chauncenetta
Konya Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 603 photos
Konya is a city of about a million people, but feels more like a small town. The mystical philosophy of Mevlana Jalaladdin Rumi is reflected in the people, who are gentle and kind and full of humor. The Selcuk artifacts and architecture are awesome. Wonderful unexpected visuals, like the woman I saw speeding by on a motorbike wearing a burqa.
- Pros:pure spiritual energy
- Cons:there are no con's
AKA the Mevlana Museum, this is the tomb of the great sage and poet, Mevlana Rumi. The gold thread embroidered cover... more travel advice
The dervishes actually only officially perform their ritual during the Mevlana festival every December, but if you're... more travel advice
chauncenetta's Related Pages
Konya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konya - city of Mevlana and Hadja Nasreddin"
- "The City of Mevlana"
- "CAPITAL OF ANATOLIAN SELJUKS"
- "Anything other than love is devoured by love(Rumi)"
- "a holy town,dervishes capital city"
- "Konya an agriculture and history Capitol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konya
- Hotels in Konya
- Transportation in Konya
- Nightlife in Konya
- Restaurants in Konya
- Shopping in Konya
- Warnings and Dangers in Konya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konya
- 9 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Konya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konya
Top 10 Pages
- Cleveland Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Atotonilco Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Iraq Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oklahoma Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dogubayazit Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Miguel de Allende Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue