"Anything other than love is devoured by love(Rumi)" Top 5 Page for this destination Konya by chauncenetta

Konya Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 601 photos

Konya is a city of about a million people, but feels more like a small town. The mystical philosophy of Mevlana Jalaladdin Rumi is reflected in the people, who are gentle and kind and full of humor. The Selcuk artifacts and architecture are awesome. Wonderful unexpected visuals, like the woman I saw speeding by on a motorbike wearing a burqa.

• Pros:pure spiritual energy
  • Cons:there are no con's
  • Last visit to Konya: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2003

• Oct 13, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Hi - where in the city is this located? We will likely be staying near Rumi's Tomb, so directions from there would be particularly valuable to us. :)

• DreamHolidayTravels's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 5:58 AM

Very nice introduction. Very helpful.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 8:14 AM

Sometimes I feel very only. LOL

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2004 at 4:41 PM

Wow! your Tourist Trap comment is a nice show of intelligence and irony. I like too much this (your) style. Congratulations. P.S.: birth august 24? it explains a lot to me :))

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 1:03 AM

Konya is a peaceful town. I enjoyed my visit there and saw about the same places as you. Great tips!

• shpynka's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2003 at 3:51 AM

"We would drink tea not speaking and smile at each other" my favorite line... enjoyed your writing!

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2003 at 5:38 PM

yes, I will go back to McDonalds and say,"DUDE! SOMEBODY LIED !!!!!!!"

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2003 at 1:15 AM

My dear "very only", there is a long novel called Conversation at the Cathedral. We can start a short essay called: Conversations at Konya's MacDonalds.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 9:33 PM

Nice page! Thank you. I love Turkey because of the hospitality .... and drunk a lot of teas during my 5 visits.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2003 at 11:50 AM

one day nasreddin bought meat and headed home. a kite dived and flew away with the meat in his hand. nasreddin yelled - hey u may have the meat but i still got the receipe ;) nice page. i liked mcdonald part.

chauncenetta

“"Even the broken letters of the heart spell earth." Daniel Thompson, poet laureate of Cleveland”

Badges & Stats in Konya