"Curiouser and Curiouser .... Lewis Carroll" chauncenetta's Profile
American woman, native of Arkansas, a sardonic Southerner, living in Cleveland, Ohio ......
a blue collar steel mill
working class kind of town,
on the shores of Lake Erie.
Home of rock & roll, bowling, accordian masters and mistresses, kielbasa and party rooms at funeral homes.
Well, it's different.
Critical in life is to have passion... .....
experiences of far away & near feed the passion.
To travel and just to go,
to be graced by the experience,
and to enjoy
and then remember,
to begin anticipation again ..
and longing ....
"We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves.
We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers can accommodate.
We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed.
And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again ----
to slow time down and get taken in,
and fall in love once more."
Pico Iyer, "Why We Travel"
speed in the morning
bourbon at night
it's been six long days
since I've seen the sun's light.
'cause I rise every morning
before the break of day
'cause down through that old quarry
it's a tough living that I make.
if the mountain has her way
and that old roof caves in today
Lord please send down an angel
and fly my soul away.
take me to a better place where my whole world ain't made of coal
'cause tomorrow don't look too bright from the bottom of this hole.
I turned 21 years old
five miles in the ground
finding little pleasure working from my collar down
deep down in my pocket the dollar burns a hole
no matter what the burdens I'll be shackled to the coal.
by Travis Mann
my bed at Asur Oteli
"And I lift my glass
To the awful truth
Which you can't reveal
To the ears of youth
Except to say
It isn't worth a dime."
So this summer
I'm in Mesopotamya
from where it came
and I find the stone the builders rejected
No, Mohammed he says.
It's all the same I say
Let's not split hairs.
It boils down to that
It simmers into pain.
Need I say more?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 87 Reviews
- 196 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- chauncenetta and fouads are now friends.
- Commented on chauncenetta's profile page
- Posted in Travel Varna Forum "boat to Turkey"
- updated a San Miguel de Allende Travel Page "Don Chucho, Dueno de La Cucaracha"
updated their Profile Page "Curiouser and Curiouser .... Lewis Carroll"
- Wrote a Review hang with the pesh merga in Iraq Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "hang with the pesh merga"
Top 10 Pages
- Cleveland Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Atotonilco Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Iraq Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oklahoma Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dogubayazit Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Miguel de Allende Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konya Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue