"Quero's place in the world" Quero's Profile

Middle ground?

Two kinds of travel attract me--the kind where you go somewhere really different just to vegetate and the kind where you go to be active. I'm living in Southeast Asia right now, so warm weather in and of itself doesn't do it for either. Ideally, a trip would combine the two with time for doing nothing interspersed with time to dive, ski, hike, or walk around.

Island life

I now live on an island in the Land of Smiles (otherwise known as Paradise, and marked on maps as Thailand). After a year (and continuous mental reminders to slow down and adopt the relaxed atmosphere and pace of island life), I am now settled in. I came here to indulge my passion for scuba, and to share that passion with others as a scuba instructor. I get immense enjoyment from helping both new and experienced divers discover wonderful world that waits just below the waves of the Andaman Sea.

S curves

My favorite trips have been the ones with lots of "esses." Like
sun
skiing
scuba, and,
... well, you know.

Down time

Whenever there's time, and often when there's not, I read. I'll read almost any kind of material, as long as the writing's not too bad. I read in cycles--if I can't afford the time to read obsessively, I don't pick up a novel. Then I have to stick to cereal boxes and road signs.

• Intro Updated Dec 5, 2006

• sugarpuff's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I don't know how I missed this but I am truly very sorry to hear such awful news. Marcia gave me some wonderful tips about Phuket and was always a cheerful friendly face to see around here on VT. x

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2013 at 3:49 AM

She so recently logged in, how was she to know? Very tragic. Goodbye Marcia.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Someone should make a memorial page for her. I would if I knew how, which I don't.

• HeshamMA's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

RIP , sorry to hear that Condolences to her family and here friends and to us in VT ,big loss i can see !

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM

A terrible loss though you passed doing something you loved. RIP.

• HackneyBird's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace Marcia.

• jojes's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My sympathies to the family! From her pages she looks like a cheerful person who loved life and enjoyed it to the fullest. Rest in peace!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Marcia, Rest in Peace. A great loss. So sad. PJ

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Looking over her VT pages, I can see that she was quite an adventuresome gal with a sparkling personality. She logged in here just recently and was out doing her favorite diving when she passed.
    Sorry to hear of it and my condolences to her family and friends.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM

This is a big loss for her family and friends, for VT and for Pukhet. Not much help I know, but she died the way she lived doing what she loved. There are not enough people in the world like her. We can ill afford to lose them. Peace.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Quero's Profile Photo

Quero

“Nessa estrada, não nos cabe conhecer ou ver o que virá. O fim dela, ninguem sabe bem ao certo onde vai dar. --Toquinho”

Real Name