Rostov Things to Do Tips by Pablos_new
Rostov Things to Do: 26 reviews and 47 photos
Walk along wall galleries.
There is not only interesting view from the walls - corner towers appeared to be small rounded churches. I thing that was done to make walls and towers more strong against enemies.
Partially restored wall paintings of XVII c are rather interesting, though ochre appeared to be more steady against ages than other paints, and now painting looks in red tone.
Kremlin museums are open from 10:00 till 17:00 (ticket office till 16:30). There are several expositions and you will need to buy five or six different tickets (some for funny price - 2 rubles ~ 1/15 $).
There are restaurant and a hotel on the territory (see more in other tips).
There is nice XVII c. castle in the the center of Rostov - Rostov's Kremlin. It has very original architecture and could not be mixed with something else in Russia.
It is also famous in Russia after a comedy of 1970s - "Ivan Vasil'evich changes his profession".
Directions: Right in a center ;-)
Spaso-Jakovlev Dmitrievsky Monastery
The most remarkable place in Rostov is Spaso-Jakovlev Dmitrievsky (Saviour - Jacob Dmitry) Monastery. This is the first building one can see from the highway when approaching to Rostov from Moscow.
The best photos were taken from lake Nero, from the boat.
Directions: Three level name of the monastery makes it tangled to communicate and ask questions: "Where is Dmitrievsky monastery?" - "Dmitrievsky?!?! Ah! Jakovlev! OK...." ;-))) LOL!
More Reviews (10)
Pablos_new's Related Pages
Rostov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rostov Welikiy"
- "ROSTOV THE GREAT (Rostov Velikiy)"
- "Aroud a Famous Kremlin"
- "Rostov Velikyi"
- "My Rostov Page"
- "Rostov - Yaroslavski / Veliki"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rostov
- Hotels in Rostov
- Transportation in Rostov
- Nightlife in Rostov
- Restaurants in Rostov
- Shopping in Rostov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rostov
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Rostov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rostov
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 69 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sochi Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suzdal' Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Konstantinovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Kolomna Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Volgograd Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Rostov Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Astana Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Dagomys Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos