"A dry town with a great deal of water" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City by OCNJBritt
Ocean City Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 309 photos
Ocean City, NJ is a small barrier island off the coast of Southern New Jersey. It is accessible by four linking bridges to the neighboring barrier islands and mainland.
The beaches are clean and draw tons of families and water sport activists annually. Despite being surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and Bay, OC is uniquely a dry town...meaning that there is no alcohol served or sold on the island, hence the familial draw.
As far as amusements, the Boardwalk stretches for miles and offers passersby amusement parks, waterslides, mini-golf, eateries, delicious Mack N'Manco's Pizza, yummy Brown's Donuts and an assortment of clothing and sundrie shops.
In the center of town is Asbury Ave. Asbury is replete with Mom and Pop shops, small town eateries, etc...
The best places to dine out are Katina's Restaurant (inexpensive and delicious Greek food!), the Hula Grill (Hawaiian cusine) and Mack N Manco's Pizza (thin crust).
B&B's are popular as well as weekly, rentals and hotels...I recommend staying on the northern end of town but taking a long bike ride to Corson's Inlet State Park at the south end of the island.
Peak time to visit is the summer but the island is equally pleasing in May and September. A virtual ghost town in the winter.
- Pros:Good family fun. Only a hop skip and a jump from Atlantic City
- Cons:Good dining is a at a minimum. Completely dry town.
- In a nutshell:Winters are quiet, summers are busy with family bonding.
Polar Bear Plunge! South Jerseyans and their Philly and NY bretherin have a tradition of diving in to the ocean on... more travel advice
Corson's Inlet State Park is nestled in between the ocean and the bay. It is a very, very small state park that links... more travel advice
OCNJBritt's Related Pages
Ocean City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "She sells seashells down by the seashore"
- "Ocean City, Home Sweet Home"
- "Ocean City"
- "A dry town with a great deal of water"
- "..:; Hello Ocean ;:.."
- "TheBigMan's new Ocean City Page"
- "Ocean City, my favorite NJ shore town!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ocean City
- Hotels in Ocean City
- Transportation in Ocean City
- Nightlife in Ocean City
- Restaurants in Ocean City
- Shopping in Ocean City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ocean City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ocean City
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ocean City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocean City
Photos in Ocean CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Spain Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos