Costa Rica Nightlife Tips by OCNJBritt
Costa Rica Nightlife: 59 reviews and 36 photos
If you find yourself at a night spot where music is being spun, you may also find that when you and your party arrive, the traditional latin beats switch to North American rhythms. Well, if you're North American or Canadian at least.
This effort by local club owners and managers is appreciated as they are trying to cater to their crowd, but c'mon...if i wanted to listen to lynyrd skynyrd sing about Alabama i would've stayed in the states...
I have a point, really. That is...If you find this happening and you'd rather listen to salsa or merengue or just keep the vibe as is dont be shy about telling the bartender how much you like latin music...trust me, many of the locals that are out and about can dance well, and it is truly thrilling to watch them kick up their heels to the beats of latin music.
Plus, learn a thing or two. Maybe you too can Merengue...
Dress Code: casual to sexy
Directions: throughout the country
Hector from Raices
Raices is a very small, very simple bar with a dj spinning Reggae music all the time. There is no live music but the ambience is there. Cheap beers and drinks, you can hear conversation, a nice spot for the university ticos.
Also, if anyone hits this place in their travels i could use a new t-shirt, medium...if ya pick one up , I'll be sure to send ya the dinero and my mail address... :)
Dress Code: Very casual
Address: Across from San Pedro Mall
Directions: San Pedro district of San Jose
More Reviews (21)
- Extended Stay: Pack the following...
- Taxis in the capital: fare or unfair? :)
- See All Whitewater Rafting down the Rio...
- Vegetarian and local food in Zapote&San...
OCNJBritt's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "My Itinerary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 23 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 5 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Spain Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos